Stewart Challenge Roll Call

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Stewart ? .... I'll be racing pro/expert SS .... 1fg = 1 flower-powered gear ;)

pixy
Team Campmor

ryderX

I'll be in Danville Pa. for the MASS race on Saturday. Sunday,God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be at Stewart on my SS. :drooling:

Glancing Aft

Mud bath, it started raining 9:15ish, stoped around 9:45. Just long enough to saturate the ground and make everything "enjoyably" slick/extremely muddy.
The course was a nonstop pedal fest, great for the SS riders I'm sure, but if you're like me with an overweight FS rig it was a bear :mad: Oh well, racing is always fun and a good time was had! :D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
The race was super fun. :D A short thunderstorm blew through on the beginners. They did look a bit muddy, but all had smiles on. It was mostly surface splatter. By the time experts went, things had dired out nicely. The first lap was tough as things were a tad slipery and I just was a little too cautious to push it into the corners and on the ss you can really lose your momentum with that kinda attitude. Plus I stopped to let air out of my tires, and a few ladies slipped by, so I had to deal with traffic until I got out to the road to pass. 2nd and 3rd lap was whoohoo !! I really need to get back to this place to ride more often. Great race !!

pixy

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
First mtb race in a couple of years, first SS race, and first time at Stewart. I had a great time.

I heard tell that the place was fast, but it turned out to be faster than I'd thought: I brought 34x18 and was severely undergeared. I found out right before the start that some guys were on 34x16 or thereabouts. Oops. I spent a good part of the race spun out, but I still had a great time on those trails.

Good to see some mtbnj folks at the race.

Ended up 10/15 in Expert SS. Looking forward to the next one.

Maurice

Great course, despite a sharp decline in form... No legs yesterday, lap 3 and 4 were a little better but I had lost too much time already. Need to take a little break.

It was nice to see so many people out there, seems the attendance is on the rise this season.

Cheers,

Maurice

xc62701

Yea it was a good day. The conditions were superslick for the beginners but by the time the experts went it wasn't too bad. There were still some slick spots. I got used to drifting some of the corners. For me the race was nice because we stayed so close for the whole race. I knew it was gonna be tight. I finished 11th of 15 in expert 19-29 and the margin to move up placings was very small. I felt ok, but wishing I had more rides in previous to this. I had been off the bike for a week and a half leading up to this race - I know it's not good but life happens. So the legs weren't really ready to go but I faired pretty well.

I loved hammering on that paved climb and gained my positions there mainly. It didn't help that my seat post decided to loosen up on the first lap and slowly started pointing skyward. By the end of the first lap I had the saddle turning into the wedgie maker 3000. Which really wasn't good for positioning and my lower back. Killed some of the power but I wasn't gonna risk stopping to fix it. But I finished pretty well and was decently happy with my times, although it could always be better. Looking forward to Kittatinny.

NJ Jess

Great Race!

Stewart was a blast! Ya, it had a few slick spots, but those shale trails were grant. I loved those berms!!!! I flew with my SS 32X19 and hit the berms, leaned and Flew up over the rocks. What a blast! Stewart is so fun to ride I can hardly wait til July 8th. The expert pay out was very generous as was having premS for the first female and male into the single track. Cool idea to have the beginners go off with 2 minute intervals. That gave them a lot of fox and hound action.

I heard that Red Bull is sponsoring the Darkhorse 40! That means this race only gets better. Maurice is right,...the attendance at Stewart was 339 with rain!!!! It's getting to be a very fun and exciting series.

Top Bottom