Sterling Forest Trail Conditions

MuniMan

Has anyone been here lately? Wondering if it's dry or muddy.
I took a look yesterday afternoon. Typical winter freeze/thaw conditions. There is a lot of moisture in the soil.

Ride early.

The trail will have soft spots when above freezing. Some spots will thaw when below freezing if the sun is on the trail. Sun exposed parts of of Redback and Munsee-Eagle can be thawing by 11:00 when the temp is still in the 20’s.

JPark

I took a look yesterday afternoon. Typical winter freeze/thaw conditions. There is a lot of moisture in the soil.

Ride early.

The trail will have soft spots when above freezing. Some spots will thaw when below freezing if the sun is on the trail. Sun exposed parts of of Redback and Munsee-Eagle can be thawing by 11:00 when the temp is still in the 20’s.
Thanks for the report!
Looks like I missed my opportunity today but maybe tomorrow.

bucknejo

Any trail report from the weekend? There’s been some rain so I’m thinking most stayed away but curious if the park would be rideable Monday morning (6/7). I have a rare day off and hoping for some dry-ish conditions.

Mtbdog

Any locals able to give a trail conditions report. Was headed up this morning. Rideable or not. Thanks

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Conditions were primo today. Thanks to all who make this a fun place.

Lots of people out enjoying the trails. Good to see @Victor I
Same here @Robin. I ran into @a.s. as well who was doing some prep work for the upcoming half marathon. People from all over always comment on what an amazing trail system Sterling is. Conditions were primo for sure.
DDDB7766-E426-48F0-9731-2F3E01465BDC.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions