Stephens State Park Ride Sat 9-8 10:00am

Stephens State Park Sat. 9-8 10:00am, Rollout 10:15

Check out Stephens, a different piece of Allamuchy. Lots of new riding for most of us. Alot of recent work has been done to the trails.

15 to 18 miles. Moderate easy pace, gonna keep it rolling and fun.

Please post up your interest!

Address is Stephens State Park, 800 Willow Grove St. Hackettstown, NJ 07843

From Rt. 80
206 North via exit 25 towards Stanhope/Newton
Turn left onto Waterloo Rd. / CR 604 (Becomes Willow Grove St.)
Just after Rail Road Crossing make left at Picnic sign (Stephens State Park) onto Waterloo Valley Rd. (Saxton Falls sign).
Cross bridge over Musconetcong River make first Right into park.
Go to end and park in rear lot. (We will be using the rear lot not the main Stephens entrance)

Thanks

Last edited:
Here's the revamp..

So where da riders at?

Okay kids this is my revamped post, my idea, my rules. Lets keep this real simple. No need to over analyze, plan or get all "mtbnj.com" weird over it.
Here are the rules and guidelines:
1. If you say your going to do it, don't puss out at the last minute with some lame excuse. Everyone who starts with the group stays with the group, if you have the need to play Alpha Male stay home.
2. We start the ride together and we end together. Que sheets will be issued.
3. A rain date will determined 1 week before the ride if need be.
4. Be prepared to ride for 2-4 hours in Stephens, no "I've got to be home to walk Benji b.s. 12 miles into the ride.
5. NO WHINING ALLOWED
6. Food and beverage will consist of P&J sandwiches, trail mix, pop tarts, water, and Cliff products. All of which u will happily supply. You've got a delicate sissy lactose intolerant tum-tum, plan accordingly.
7.The roll time is decided upon, it is etched in stone. No "hey wait a minute while I rebuild my my drive train in the parking lot. stall tactic. If your late ride hard and catch up.
8. Everybody has to have a good attitude and suck up the hurt.
It won't be a hammer fest, though you can't expect everyone to wait at every intersection if your sucking hind tit, if you've got the wind to talk about your victory in the pinewood derby from 18 years ago, your not riding hard enough, and your slowing us down. We can have insightful and thought provoking discussions back at the bar.

"Cowboy up Boys and Girls we're going riding."

A simple yes or no will suffice, I'll lead 1 or I'll lead 20 riders or more, don't matter to me.
Start another post if you feel the need to discuss anything about this ride. Beyond the "yes I'm in or no I can't because I've got a sheep shearing to go to and Muffy is having her tubes tied that day" I don't want my post hijacked by chronic horse sodomizers.
Thank You and have a pleasant tomorrow.

Rept.

Great to ride with everyone. Nine folks rode. A few had to head out early. Ended up w/ 17 plus miles. Lots of single track. Lots of sweat and a lotta smiles. Here's a partial trail map and the ride profile. Elevation climbed and descended was approx. 2000 ft.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Great to ride with everyone. Nine folks rode. A few had to head out early. Ended up w/ 17 plus miles. Lots of single track. Lots of sweat and a lotta smiles. Here's a partial trail map and the ride profile. Elevation climbed and descended was approx. 2000 ft.

That was a nice ride, Steve -- your hard work in Stephen's is really paying off! Thanks for the tour.

doofus

Nice trails Steve.
Wish I could have ridden more but I felt like a first timer on the trails.
Here's a tip: don't ride after donating blood.
I wanna go back though and ride everything in there.
It's nice now to have an alternative to Deer Park, The Mooch, Kittatinny, and MD.
Lenny

D

DANSPANK

Hello chaps,

has anyone got the ability to create a .kmz file for your ride. It looks like a fun place and a great addition to the other parks in the area. What ratio of single track to fire roads did you have?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Huh, I wonder if Stephens should have it's own forum in time.

Lots' o Single

Hello chaps,

has anyone got the ability to create a .kmz file for your ride. It looks like a fun place and a great addition to the other parks in the area. What ratio of single track to fire roads did you have?

I would say 5:1 single on that particular ride.

Top Bottom