Stephens State Park Conditions

Zaskar

Stephen's yesterday was absolutely perfect late in the day. You could hear some of the concert even. During the day, I came across some folks that were removing downed trees and picking up garbage. Then in another section of the park , hunters were scouting around as well. Several mount bike groups AND hikers and even some people fishing. Everyone was happy and friendly. Reminds me of the beautiful world we live in.

Agreed! Rode a loop in Stephen's yesterday with the Cranks crew... Thanks to all that chip in here to keep the trials clear.

Was there Thursday, conditions are pretty good. On most of the well traveled trails the leaves are packed down enough to follow them at a good clip. Some of the lesser travelled trails are hard to make out with the abundance of leaves covering them, but that’s riding in the fall.

xc62701

Trails are in good shape but white on top of the ridge has 4-5 trees down heading west towards the meisterberger descent. You can get by all of them but they are flow suckers.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw a few of these, but had to cut the ride short due to limited light.

There are a few in Allamuchy and Deer Park as well.

I'll try to get out next weekend to tackle a few of these.

xc62701

I saw a few of these, but had to cut the ride short due to limited light.

There are a few in Allamuchy and Deer Park as well.

I'll try to get out next weekend to tackle a few of these.
Yes there was 1 or 2 more in mooch but I forgot where. I know that’s no help.

HiFiGuy

Got out this morning, a lot of melt already, sunny parts down to dirt, shady sections still winter wonderland. Fatbikable.
A lot of small saplings and branch’s bent over trails, nothing a small hand saw won’t handle but it was constant

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
5cda8a42f3cfbfaec5768dcc88c368e2.262x200x37.gif

ilnadi

I will take the advice in your signature and assume you did not understand the question.
I don't want to go too early and freeze my nose off; also I want to be done before the ground thaws.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions