Stephens State Park Conditions

Cassinonorth

There's also a couple on the top section of Tally Ho.

Is there anyway we can get a TM session for that trail to bring it back to it's 2020 form?

Jrzjoe

It was perfect. Did four hours worth.
A70E0C41-22A2-44CE-8EA0-1109916B0DE7.jpeg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Rode 14 miles yesterday and everything was perfect. Ran into 3 young adults on dirt bikes on trestle, kindly reminded them it was off limits. Still saw them cruising around 30 minutes later.
At least you can hear them coming… My friend in Utah tells me that the place near him is completely overrun with electric dirt bikes. The dander is that you absolutely cannot hear them coming and they’re climbing the hill and over 25 miles an hour while you’re descending at 25 miles an hour. You can only imagine what that impact would look like. I would assume that in the near term we’re going to see electric motorcycles at every mountain bike park with complete consistency on every ride that we go on.

JPark

At least you can hear them coming… My friend in Utah tells me that the place near him is completely overrun with electric dirt bikes. The dander is that you absolutely cannot hear them coming and they’re climbing the hill and over 25 miles an hour while you’re descending at 25 miles an hour. You can only imagine what that impact would look like. I would assume that in the near term we’re going to see electric motorcycles at every mountain bike park with complete consistency on every ride that we go on.
and the general population will lump the e-motos in with the pedal assist bikes so any damage caused by them will get blamed on us.

Cassinonorth

So stoked to ride this section today after the trim. Last week it was barely passable. There are like 6 logs down in the trail off the mulch piles. I might clear em next week if no one else does.

I may not be in the know but has there been any JORBA sanctioned TM here in a couple years? Feels like it went silent.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I may not be in the know but has there been any JORBA sanctioned TM here in a couple years? Feels like it went silent.

There is a small team that works silently.
You can always clip back the face slappers.
It's complicated

Cassinonorth

There is a small team that works silently.
You can always clip back the face slappers.
It's complicated

State issue? JORBA issue? Chapter issue? Laziness issue?

@Apache1 throws out an invite every month on here so it would be super confusing to have red tape on the other side of the street from the state. Stephens is where I'd LOVE to do TM....if it wasn't cloak and dagger secret society.

Patrick

Staff member
I was thinking the same thing, but they are 'little people'. You scolded us to be nice in the Nassau thread so I figured we were going PC...

this is true - it kinda hurt when i let it ride.
i've also come to know there are little little people, and big little people.

Patrick

Staff member
State issue? JORBA issue? Chapter issue? Laziness issue?

@Apache1 throws out an invite every month on here so it would be super confusing to have red tape on the other side of the street from the state. Stephens is where I'd LOVE to do TM....if it wasn't cloak and dagger secret society.

You can discuss it with Marc.

No real red tape, or any barriers.
std rules: Don't build anything new w/o permission, keep it to trimming and moving some dirt.
The area is very large, the amount of work is commensurate.
Coordinating official TMs could turn into a full time job.

Cassinonorth

You can discuss it with Marc.

No real red tape, or any barriers.
std rules: Don't build anything new w/o permission, keep it to trimming and moving some dirt.
The area is very large, the amount of work is commensurate.
Coordinating official TMs could turn into a full time job.

I'd be more than willing to help. Is he the contact at Stephens now as well?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions