Stephens State Park Conditions

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions are fun. All the lower stuff is packed. Where there is no trail it’s still rideable, but anything uphill is tough.

HiFiGuy

Conditions are some of the best snow conditions I have seen in Jersey, as jShort said the popular trails are packed to almost groomed like conditions. Even the less traveled trails are rideable with Fat Bike. Go get some!
1643244103695.jpeg

And a new skinny across the creek just after the tressel going up to teepee rock.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions are some of the best snow conditions I have seen in Jersey, as jShort said the popular trails are packed to almost groomed like conditions. Even the less traveled trails are rideable with Fat Bike. Go get some!
View attachment 177251
And a new skinny across the creek just after the tressel going up to teepee rock.
Skinny to the right looks more challenging!!

xc62701

Anybody ride since the new snow? I hoping to get in here in the fatty Tuesday. Let me know if you’ve got a report. Thanks!

Got out early this morning. Conditions are great. Looks like someone's been getting crazy with the studded tires. I don't know if there is a single rock on The Rake that isn't scratched up!

Fat Trout

Anyone knows what the trails will be like tomorrow (Saturday) around noon?
If its of any use, I'm not far in cranberry lake (allamuchy north). My wife hiked yesterday and said the ice was gone. We hike in at lower, wetter spots. Looking at tomorrows weather I plan to ride 9 ish. I'd suggest that by noon with the warm up the weather is showing you are good in upper Stephens but could be transitional in lower. The earlier you can ride the better.

goldsbar

Overall really good and few wet spots. More chainsaw sized trees down than usual. Bottom of Meister and on Sunset are what I remember, but there were more. Been spoiled over the years by the meticulous trail maintenance at this place.

AS4321

Overall really good and few wet spots. More chainsaw sized trees down than usual. Bottom of Meister and on Sunset are what I remember, but there were more. Been spoiled over the years by the meticulous trail maintenance at this place.
Also some big trees down on the Hally-Toe climb.
20220319_121901.jpg
20220319_121652.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions