Stephens State Park Conditions

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
With the upcoming race on 10/2, I wanted to put this out there now that JORBA has a preliminary TM scheduled for:

EDIT: Sun, September 12, 8:30am – 12:30pm

Keep the date open and come help with the cause.

It would be great to see new faces and not the same 6-8 volunteers that show up every TM.

Last edited:

Cassinonorth

With the upcoming race on 10/2, I wanted to put this out there now that JORBA has a preliminary TM scheduled for:

Sun, September 19, 8:30am – 12:30pm

Keep the date open and come help with the cause.

It would be great to see new faces and not the same 6-8 volunteers that show up every TM.

Different than the JORBA maintenance email I just got about the 12th?

TomS887

Lots of trees down.

PXL_20210918_160206467.MP.jpg
and above mazes below tally hoe:

PXL_20210918_155308492.MP.jpg
there is another tree down in lower maze.

Jrzjoe

A couple of trees down on lower pink. Tree down on trestle trail not far from the pink side. There were others up top but I can’t remember where, sorry. All of the upper trails were leaf littered and wet but not muddy. Lots of small branches and debris on the trail from yesterday’s wind and rain.The lower trails were a bit soft in spots. Only saw two riders today and some fresh moto tracks up by green. Surprising. It was a beautiful day. Did 23 miles.

Jrzjoe

Were those 2 riders together? Could have been me and my buddy. We ran the race loop today, it was a blast until the downpour then it got messy. That sure is a fun loop to ride !!
I saw a fella alone on pink and one or two riders stopped close to the beginning of tally ho. I was coming off of blue.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great conditions this morning.

Tree down in two spots, on pink, one before the power lines heading to Hally To, and one on pink after the power lines heading the same way.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A friend of mine lost his glasses at Stephens today. He thinks it was when he was getting out of the car on Kinney Rd. He went back and wasn't able to find them. If anyone grabbed them or happens across them, please let me know. They are in a black glasses case with an SH+ logo. Thanks!

Jrzjoe

722A4A45-702C-4F36-A34F-664C17FC7318.jpeg
Snowed on for at least an hour this morning. Did a bunch. Tree down on sunset. It’s pretty big. It didn’t start to thaw until I hit trestle trail and I was rolling back to continental anyway. Tons of people on the lower trails. I’m sure they have since turned to crap.
The trails, not the people.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 171875Snowed on for at least an hour this morning. Did a bunch. Tree down on sunset. It’s pretty big. It didn’t start to thaw until I hit trestle trail and I was rolling back to continental anyway. Tons of people on the lower trails. I’m sure they have since turned to crap.
The trails, not the people.

That was me in front of 17 people barreling down Trestle at you. So feel free to assess the people as crap. I’m not offended. I did say hi at least.

The Maze was getting squishy for sure.

Jrzjoe

That was me in front of 17 people barreling down Trestle at you. So feel free to assess the people as crap. I’m not offended. I did say hi at least.

The Maze was getting squishy for sure.
That was one hell of a crew! Hope y’all got in a good one.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Anyone have an idea if Stephens will be too sloppy tomorrow? I live an hour away so it’s hard to gauge.

HiFiGuy

Mixed bag, some places down to frozen dirt, others little left. I was on a fat bike but you could probably get by with a skinny tire. Very rideable, stay warm.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions