Stephens State Park Conditions

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tree down between the railroad crossing at the road and the beginning of the maze. Chainsaw size

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Tree down on tally ho, rideable but might catch someone off guard. Also tree down on hally toe, roughly 3/4 the way up. Wish I took photos.

goldsbar

I have a feeling that the next few years will be a lot of deadfall ash trees until they are all gone.
Not sure. I remember seeing a bunch marked in Mooch North a couple of months ago along the Eberling trail. Presumably they were marked to be cut down. Thought I heard they were cutting them down in Wayway. Lot of land and a lot of trees, though!

Not sure. I remember seeing a bunch marked in Mooch North a couple of months ago along the Eberling trail. Presumably they were marked to be cut down. Thought I heard they were cutting them down in Wayway. Lot of land and a lot of trees, though!
They may do a little work near the ranger station , but they have not taken any trees down on the miles and miles of single and doubles in mooch and SSP.

ryderX

They may do a little work near the ranger station , but they have not taken any trees down on the miles and miles of single and doubles in mooch and SSP.
The state doesn’t have the budget to remove the trees. If I’m not mistaken the Eberling trail runs along the boundary of the BSA property- maybe it’s a BSA responsibility based on potential liability ?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode SSP this morning. 100% dry. None of the overnight rain made it that far west.

There is a tree down on Leroy
EA8C55E9-7F64-4DDB-823C-70AC8C6EB778.jpeg

The photo location may show up on the map on desktop Strava

Robin

Heads up - saw a poster for Saturday, 8/14 From Good Homes show at Waterloo fields - "Doors" open at 5 pm according to post.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions