Stephens State Park Conditions

jackx

There's a sizable fallen tree across "THE" Golden Trail, located a few hundred feet from the terminus with White and the Golden Extension.
Sorry to quote myself, but I wanted to inform others that the above-mentioned tree on "THE" Golden Trail has been taken care of.
Thank you!

xc62701

Sorry to quote myself, but I wanted to inform others that the above-mentioned tree on "THE" Golden Trail has been taken care of.
Thank you!
Yes saw this yesterday thanks! There is still a small awkward one in the golden extension though.

xc62701

Oh I forgot too.... blood trails! There’s obviously been some active hunting going on as there’s some nice blood splatter going on in a few spots. Perfect for ambience 😎

Robin

rode the trestle trail and around the lake to the tunnel to Waterloo/Allamuchy. At 3 pm, the trails were still snow covered and crunchy. Should be fabulous for the weekend.

ryderX

Oh I forgot too.... blood trails! There’s obviously been some active hunting going on as there’s some nice blood splatter going on in a few spots. Perfect for ambience 😎
I saw the blood today on the Vista trail. Initially I though someone augured into that uphill rock garden and was leaking a few pints.

xc62701

I saw the blood today on the Vista trail. Initially I though someone augured into that uphill rock garden and was leaking a few pints.
Lol, they must be hurting then. It was on the cooler trail as well as the border trail too.

HiFiGuy

Parked by the lower maze, and snowshoed the lower pink to upper pink. The trail Started off strong following a path of at least two others, but that did not last. About 1/4 mile in it turned to only one other snowshoe’er. Need to get some more shoes on the trail to pack it down for the fat bikes.
the good part at the beginning
1612839628510.jpeg

Most needs more shoes to pack it down.
1612839807112.jpeg

1612839998173.jpeg

ryderX

I did a short XC ski loop today and found the conditions beyond excellent. If the sounds of rt 80 weren’t echoing across valley I would have sworn I was in the La Sal mountains.

HiFiGuy

Tried to ride the maze I snowshoed the other day, no go. Spun over to the iron gates and followed the packed trail to the lake. I was surprised that I could ride on the lake, about 3-4” loose on top. About 20 people ice fishing. It’s about 1.5 miles around the perimeter of the lake.
1FB36200-6E5A-46B8-8348-DA5982D2E252.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions