Stephens State Park Conditions

goldsbar

Lakes and streams are high, but conditions were generally good today. Surface was noticeably slow in many areas due to the leaves; many/most trails hadn't been ridden enough to create a groove yet.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Covered most of upper Stephen's and conditions were perfect. Usual water spots and high creek crossings. Really see how leaf coverage does a trail good by Breaking it down into organic matter.
I wouldn't go near the low lying parts of Stephens as I am sure they will be super muddy. We started up at the station road lot.

mtnbiker371

I rode at Stephens yesterday. Conditions were perfect. Not muddy, however the stream crossings are much larger than normal. I didn't park at the gate so so I'm not sure how the area around Tilcon Lake is doing.

RSAmerica

I rode at Stephens yesterday. Conditions were perfect. Not muddy, however the stream crossings are much larger than normal. I didn't park at the gate so so I'm not sure how the area around Tilcon Lake is doing.

I rode thru The Great Tilcon Lakes on Christmas Day, the water crosses the gravel road at multiple spots and is ~6” deep. Steams, you mean rivers. But the trails are good.

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone know if this place is rideable tomorrow? I’m assuming lower trail and top left will be wet (don’t know names). But the rest of the park?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone know if this place is rideable tomorrow? I’m assuming lower trail and top left will be wet (don’t know names). But the rest of the park?
Pretty sure you have met Patty up at the station road lot before. Go from there and ride the upper area. You can pretty much loop end to end and get a good ride in.

HiFiGuy

Conditions were great this Morning. Started with the snow and when I finished at noon there was about 2’ on the ground. Seamed to be changing over to ice at the end though. The trail around the lake is still flooded over.

Cannonbill

Sterling is not technical in comparison to Ringwood. But it will need time to heal after this weather, especially if it trends warmer as predicted. It will just be mud and muck.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm assuming trails will be bad, but if someone has a trail conditions report for this weekend, it would be much appreciated.
:)

ryderX

It’s a slopfest right now and will be for the next few days. It’s supposed to drop down into the 20’s Friday night and if it does Stephens will be a blast to ride early Saturday. If you go I’d plan on being out of the woods before noon.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions