20220804_174346.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 20220804_174412.jpg
    20220804_174412.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 206

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh you ventured to the otherside of the river.
These people are obviously treated differently because this has been reported numerous times with where they are parking and nothing is done.
Not hard to catch that's for sure. We see them regularly carry both arms full of stuff. I realize it's obvious a cultural thing and if your like me can not understand this, other then disgraceful. It sure would be nice for our parks police to actually open the door of their vehicles and step out. Anyone ever see a NJ State Park Cop actually outside of their vehicles?

Frank

Sasquatch
I had a similar experience down here once, the guy didn’t get out of the car. He also seemed annoyed when I asked him if he needed help getting out and moving his fat ass.……I don't recommend that approach.

Ironjunk

I'm really amazed at how that even happens? Is it during the day or night, that is a LOT of crap and a lot of food.

I even saw toys and enough hard stuff that would drop a horse. There is no designated driver involved.

Imagine if these people were caught and were forced community service every monday at state parks.

Nobody respects their community everyone trying to be a biggest loudest d bag for some reason.

On the bright side i only saw 3 dirty diapers and a port o john loaded with garbage on the dunnfield creek trail last saturday.

But really i saw state park rangers cleaning up the sussex branch trail and some good samaritans cleaning up dunnfield last saturday.

But yeah strict community service is a solution

Last edited:

serviceguy

I’m not sure if it’s spite, laziness or some form of revenge toward the demographics that most enjoys the parks, but I’ve witnessed full trash bags thrown out the window just out of Shepherd’s lake when the park has a dumpster in the parking lot. Either way, bringing back the remnants of brought in the first place shouldn’t be that much of a burden.

Ironjunk

I’m not sure if it’s spite, laziness or some form of revenge toward the demographics that most enjoys the parks, but I’ve witnessed full trash bags thrown out the window just out of Shepherd’s lake when the park has a dumpster in the parking lot. Either way, bringing back the remnants of brought in the first place shouldn’t be that much of a burden.
This is the tale as old as time but we have a skate park by us where there is an opening in the woods and is just covered in trash, blunt wrappers, bottles just crap everywhere.

Now under normal circumstances the cops would check what's going on and maybe close the park and be like hey kids cut the crap or else we are going to close the park. But that doesn't happen. Feels like we just have to tolerate trash people and coexist, it is the same with the park.

I'm sure the park service absolutely abhors what's going on but what do they do, just clean it up and say oh well it's what happens when a park is given pretty much 0 oversight. The groups are getting out of control, the trash is too, and the amount of penis drawing on the asphalt is reaching critical mass

Volunteers put a lot of effort i know, but it's hardly a state park in my eyes, it's just the wild west, it will break soon. Where is there a ranger station around? Just by Hackettstown?

I find it hard to believe that the NJ can make state parks free but not cut out labor costs, of course they are going to cheap out, even if everything is "budgeted"

Last edited:

serviceguy

This is the tale as old as time but we have a skate park by us where there is an opening in the woods and is just covered in trash, blunt wrappers, bottles just crap everywhere.

Now under normal circumstances the cops would check what's going on and maybe close the park and be like hey kids cut the crap or else we are going to close the park. But that doesn't happen. Feels like we just have to tolerate trash people and coexist, it is the same with the park.

I'm sure the park service absolutely abhors what's going on but what do they do, just clean it up and say oh well it's what happens when a park is given pretty much 0 oversight. The groups are getting out of control, the trash is too, and the amount of penis drawing on the asphalt is reaching critical mass

Volunteers put a lot of effort i know, but it's hardly a state park in my eyes, it's just the wild west, it will break soon. Where is there a ranger station around? Just by Hackettstown?

I find it hard to believe that the NJ can make state parks free but not cut out labor costs, of course they are going to cheap out, even if everything is "budgeted"
The state park financial and expenditure priorities are one thing, but I fail to see how the lack of state resources justifies trashing the place in such manner.

I don't believe for a second that such a huge amount of garbage was produced without the knowledge that it would trash the park for everybody else. You have to be pretty stupid to do that. I said it. And I don't think it's something people do when they're young. I think it is indeed stupid, probably from long lineage of stupidity.

Sorry but that stuff really pushes my buttons.

Ironjunk

I meant lack of resources would mean lack of enforcement and patrols. In many years of riding there I've seen just once a state park truck in front of the gate.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions