Staten Island MTB Trails grand opening Sat, July 12, 1pm

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
The mountain bike trails at Wolfe's Pond Park in Staten Island will open tomorrow with an official ribbon cutting at 1 pm. If you don't have plans already, please join us as we celebrate the opening of the third legal trail system in New York City! This is another important step toward our goal of trails in all five boroughs of NYC.

Wolfe's Pond Park is located on Hylan Boulevard toward the southern end of Staten Island. You can get their via the Staten Island Ferry by taking the Staten Island Railroad to the Huegenot stop, and of course there's plenty of parking in and around the park. Here's a google map of the park location:

http://tinyurl.com/5j4d8y

I hope you all can make it as we celebrate another great win for mountain biking in NYC! 3-4 miles of trails will be open for riding, and we hope those of you who are close by will help us continue to build more (and a legal dirt jump park) over the coming year!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i wish i could be there for this. im born and raised on staten island and spent a lot of my childhood in and around wolfes pond. im kind of eager to check out what they have done there. from what i can remember as a kid and teen in that area, im guessing its going to be along the lines of a hartshorne kinda ride. some decent elevation changes but without the sand im going to assume. this is great news! hopefully all the damn punk little kids in the area wont ruin it.

Top Bottom