Statements on Watchung Reservation Vote

thegock

Saturday June 3, 9 am. Trailside Museum parking lot. Legally ride Watchung Reservation MTB on the road.

Unfortunately, rain cancelled this today. We will do it again at a different time/place. Info to follow. Police did stop by our cars and politely warned us that MTB is prohibited. Also said I had a "nice bike" and my buddy had a nice 'vette. He politely refused the proffered donut.:D

Last edited:

thegock

Yes, NWA may come to mind, but the police are just doing their job and have been very polite and professional. This contrasts with the opposition, who are unhinged and have been removed from Freeholders' meetings, because they have anger management issues.

TheLonerider

Sadly police have no say in the stupid extra legal rules they are asked to enforce...like some ban imposed in a backroom meeting by the unelected 20 years ago, masquerading for a quarter century as "law".

Re the anti-bike people, "unhinged" is putting it mildly. Didn't some lady say we were gonna kill innocent turtles and they should use drones to go after us?

And some loony said bikers might put child seats on their bikes and abduct children?

I mean, this is beyond crazy.

Their so called arguments remind me of a nuerenburg rally.

I mean, wtf?

TheLonerider

Nevertheless... this is how I feel right now and probably still will for some time...
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

("we;re not gonna take it"....)
LonerideR

Anthony Livelli

Yes, NWA may come to mind, but the police are just doing their job and have been very polite and professional. This contrasts with the opposition, who are unhinged and have been removed from Freeholders' meetings, because they have anger management issues.
Sadly police have no say in the stupid extra legal rules they are asked to enforce...like some ban imposed in a backroom meeting by the unelected 20 years ago, masquerading for a quarter century as "law".

Re the anti-bike people, "unhinged" is putting it mildly. Didn't some lady say we were gonna kill innocent turtles and they should use drones to go after us?

And some loony said bikers might put child seats on their bikes and abduct children?

I mean, this is beyond crazy.

Their so called arguments remind me of a nuerenburg rally.

I mean, wtf?
The opposition attacked us with extreme prejudice. and it worked

TheLonerider

many thanx,

btw the riding was from both watchung and lewis morris but... the footage from watchung was only done during the period december thru august of last year when the signs were down and we thought it was open. I have not mt biked there since the new "no bike" signs went back up last august.

As a side note my grandma passed christmas morning that year... when the signs came down my family, who aren't bikers but knew what I'd been working on re: the res, thought it was a sort of good karma for the bad. Sad to say not so.

As we know from an opra request i filed, the county was working on posting the new signs all over the county as far back as that spring, though they didn't go up til mid August and were at the same time promising access at Watchung...,

Last edited:

thegock

Five marked cars patrolled Watchung for non-existent MTB Saturday. ISIS terrorists kill Londoners.

Who is setting LEO priorities? Is Bruce Bergen calling the shots?

wilburdeb

With all the police activity, sounds like Union County law enforcement is flush with tax payer money. Do they have:

Sentinel-XL-LRAD.jpg

Might be a way to reduce the tax burden if the police budget were cut to match the need.

Xler8

In his closing statement on the night of the vote, Bergen did say that he wasn't worried about any budget constraints. Sounded like they have an endless supply of $$.

When you think about it, they do have more than they know what to do with. Make it rain...

Top Bottom