State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

TimBay

After the down pours 2 days in a row; what happened to the can't ride on wet trail cry babies!
That still applies to the weak trails. The general assumption is that people will ride the rideable trails, of which there are many. Those "cry babies" spend a lot of hours maintaining said trails, so you can go eat a dick if you're going to be disrespectful to them.

walter

Fourth Party
Henry Hudson Trail is open, and is being patrolled by Monmouth County sheriffs officers on bikes
20200502_084733_HDR.jpg

20200502_091159_HDR.jpg

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
According to Murphy it is, they’re supposedly watching very carefully how people behave during this weekend. We’re actually not allowed to ride to TM in Ringwood tomorrow or Sunday, facial mask is mandatory.
No, it says nothing in his order about wearing masks in parking lots, however the beauty of living in America is you have the choice to wear one if you’d like. My deep dark secret, between you and me, is that I have no problem with people wearing masks between now and the end of time, because people are dirty and have no concept of hygiene. I think if people park on top of each other, and still hike around in groups, they’ll end this little experiment whether they’re wearing masks or not.

Hi K - you have 3 posts in this thread, and all have had an angry tone - you doing ok?
Lots of frustration out there - Your opinion is welcome.
Just seems like you might catch some people with friendly fire with the tone.
I speak Angry Wanker, so I’ll try to translate. I think what he’s trying to say is that folks pontificate on this site quite frequently on the evils of tearing up the trails when they are muddy. Given the recent deluge, perhaps we should exercise a little restraint, despite our acute cases of Cabin Fever, since there will be an excess of users out there, and much better days weather and crowd-wise lie ahead.

mtn

For fudge sake, nj state parks opened and ny state parks have been open, yet there is gridlock at every parking area in the dwgnra. 75% out of state plates. Just normal summer daycations going on here.

MMuller

For fudge sake, nj state parks opened and ny state parks have been open, yet there is gridlock at every parking area in the dwgnra. 75% out of state plates. Just normal summer daycations going on here.
It's called 75 and sunny after 6 weeks of below average temp/rain/wind/quarantine/locusts, etc.
With a little local knowledge and luck we found a totally desolate beach with perfect surf.

lone beach 2020.jpg

kidzach

It's already been said but...

Wear bandana in lot.
Ride .5-1 mile.
Wrap bandana to bar/stem
Ride
Put bandana back on .5-1 mile from lot
Look like a covid hero
Keep parks open
End
This
It's already been said but...

Wear bandana in lot.
Ride .5-1 mile.
Wrap bandana to bar/stem
Ride
Put bandana back on .5-1 mile from lot
Look like a covid hero
Keep parks open
End
Exactly. Keep your props on, especially where you are seen. And hopefully parks will stay open. It's so easy really

Top Bottom