State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

TimBay

Trail bennies !!!!! ? ? ?
Before covid, I'd see the rare older gentleman on a bike without a helmet. Before they shut down the trails, I'd see all sorts of people out there without helmets. And you know those people don't know how to ride trails. I'm honestly surprised there weren't breaking news about some dude cracking his skull there. SMH.

Fire Lord Jim

Before covid, I'd see the rare older gentleman on a bike without a helmet. Before they shut down the trails, I'd see all sorts of people out there without helmets. And you know those people don't know how to ride trails. I'm honestly surprised there weren't breaking news about some dude cracking his skull there. SMH.
Or you are imagining a benefit from helmet wearing that doesn't exist?

TimBay

Or you are imagining a benefit from helmet wearing that doesn't exist?
I'm fairly certain my helmet has spared me a concussion at least twice and I've been riding less than 2 years. I also went into the sport researching technique. These are people that seemingly just decided to bring their bike and see what happens.

ryderX

Keep in mind, this is likely to be a *PHASED* re-opening similar to how other states have implemented it prior.

It's likely that we'll see pedestrian traffic take first priority along with reduced capacity in the parking lots to emulate capacity reductions in essential businesses.

I would be that cycling, equestrian, camping and other facilities will come online at a later date.

Tl;Dr: You're probably still not riding state parks this weekend.
I think you’re probably wrong.
When did parks close ?
and who the hell drives to a park to ride their bike ? And who of these people who drive to a park to ride their bikes don’t know of other access points into these parks ?

terrabike01

He must have been the father of the kids who decided to hike off the edge of a cliff there

JonF

There is a great benefit to not wearing helmets that is often overlooked, organ donations.
Do you really want the alcohol soaked, nicotine ridden, cholesterol laden organs of the idiots who can't be bothered to think about helmet safety? Pass...

Ronnie B

You sonofabich . those trail bennies have every right to ride their walgooses without helmets with their unleashed dogs and headphones in blasting Bruce Springsteen like white, blue eyes, 8lbs 7oz baby jesus intended.
You know, I never understood this, you go hiking to get away from life and enjoy nature, and do that by sticking a Skull Candy headphones in your ears and blast Anthrax. Not to mention its dangerous because you can't hear if one of us is racing around a bend at 25 MPH at you.

TimBay

You know, I never understood this, you go hiking to get away from life and enjoy nature, and do that by sticking a Skull Candy headphones in your ears and blast Anthrax. Not to mention its dangerous because you can't hear if one of us is racing around a bend at 25 MPH at you.
Yeah. The specific dude I had in mind regarding headphones was wearing kiddie toucher short shorts, clearly new to trail riding because he rode a straight downhill section slower than I ride climbs (I'm not fast at all) and almost spit on me as I passed due to the fact that he couldn't hear me yell our "on your left" because of his headphones. No judgement on riding slow, but look behind you when you spit!...and I don't wanna see yo dick.

terrabike01

Hope everyone read the fine print. Parks can only have 50% capacity. So they will probably block off 1/2 of the parking spaces I would think. Places like 6 mile, Allaire and Hartshorne should be interesting. This is just as stupid as the closing of the parks to begin with. This will not work and only cause problems. So I dont think these park openings will last long. All these park rangers have basically been on vacation for the last month. I don't think they are going to want to babysit parking all day.

Top Bottom