State Park Closures AND Reopenings!

mwlikesbikes

Lol. Or the Trail of Tears?
Stay away from the Oregon trail
81C00674-582F-45A1-A18A-A0A010DBCD72.jpeg

MSalvatore

of all the riding I have done recently I have found that bikers on the trail and in lots have done a great job of keeping there distance. On the Other hand hikers have been hiking in groups and congregating in the parking lots. Especially kids using the outdoors to meetup and congregate on the trail so they cant be seen wouldn't it be great if they could stay open to mountain bikers.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
NY and PA parks are currently still open.
This isn’t completely true.
All bucks county parks are closed, as are most state parks in counties that have closures, which is basically every county within reasonable driving distance. The tow path is an exception, and ironically is way overcrowded.

265crosser

OK let inmates out so you can fill their cells with bikers/hikers makes sense to me!
Or income fund for the towns IMO.

onetracker

If people want to be able to continue parking at Ryerson once this parks closure ends, I'm going to recommend not parking there now.

NY and PA parks are currently still open.
PA park closures vary by county. Many PA parks have been closed for 2 weeks (e.g. Wayne County).

littlev21

me thinks this is due to the absolute shit show places like Island Beach State Park was going to become on the first weekend day where temps exceeded 70 f. easier to close them all versus having the beach goers go nuts.

and yes a moratorium on using Ryerson lot would be a fantastic idea.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
PA park closures vary by county. Many PA parks have been closed for 2 weeks (e.g. Wayne County).
FWIW, this is what DCNR officially says;
DCNR, State Parks, and Forests Facility Closures

State Park and Forest Facilities Closed
The public can access trails, lakes, roads, and parking for passive and dispersed recreation, such as hiking; however, all facilities at state parks and forests in Pennsylvania will be closed until April 30, 2020, to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Closed facilities include:
  • Park and forest offices and visitor centers
  • Restrooms
  • Campgrounds, cabins, and all forms of overnight accommodations, including the Nature Inn
  • Public programs, events, and trainings are canceled
We encourage practicing social distancing while enjoying open spaces avoiding groups and crowds, and visitors should be respectful of our natural places and use the bathroom before they leave home.
We will be providing full refunds on all reservable facilities, such as campsites, cabins, cottages, pavilions, lodges, and the Nature Inn.
State park visitors with reservations will be contacted regarding refund procedures.
Learn more about the statewide state parks and forests facility closures.

gpTron

I was just going to ride the Union Transportation Trail for the time being but saw they blocked the entrance to the parking lot there too. I thought it was privately owned by the power company but just read they lease it to the county.

roc

I know it sucks that they closed the parks, and I do not personally agree with it. I think you have a much greater chance becoming contaminated in a grocery store or flying(who, by the way, would get on a fucking plane right now???), however, if we can't ride our bikes for a little bit, big fucking deal!
Can we get a little perspective? Over 6000 people are dead right now, just in our area, that would be alive if not for this virus. 6000! with many more to come unfortunately. A friend of mine lost 2 coworkers in the last week.
People need to go to the store to get food, we don't need to ride bikes to stay alive. All that being said, if you need to ride so bad, just go ride your bike and keep mouth shut about it!
Sorry for the self righteous rant.
and that's all I have to say about that.

serviceguy

I know it sucks that they closed the parks, and I do not personally agree with it. I think you have a much greater chance becoming contaminated in a grocery store or flying(who, by the way, would get on a fucking plane right now???), however, if we can't ride our bikes for a little bit, big fucking deal!
Can we get a little perspective? Over 6000 people are dead right now, just in our area, that would be alive if not for this virus. 6000! with many more to come unfortunately. A friend of mine lost 2 coworkers in the last week.
People need to go to the store to get food, we don't need to ride bikes to stay alive. All that being said, if you need to ride so bad, just go ride your bike and keep mouth shut about it!
Sorry for the self righteous rant.
and that's all I have to say about that.
100%

Mountain Bike Mike

Quick observation - It seems as though the forum has also been quarantined to this thread since six mile conditions thread is closed due to Murphy.

maybe we can start an entire quarantine series of the same anual thread mutations “what to wear” or “what wheelsize is the best..” “best tire combo” “SS vs Gears” while quarantined.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Quick observation - It seems as though the forum has also been quarantined to this thread since six mile conditions thread is closed due to Murphy.

maybe we can start an entire quarantine series of the same anual thread mutations “what to wear” or “what wheelsize is the best..” “best tire combo” “SS vs Gears” while quarantined.

What’s in Your Kitchen Sink Right Now?

Top Bottom