Starting out at 6MR

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Since I am starting out with zero endurance any guidance on which trail I should start out on and work my way up to more difficult trails? The last time that I had rode 6M I started out from the entrance on Rt27.

Blue is the easiest trail - start at the canal lot.
Your first check point would be the bridge near Blackwells Mills Rd.
2.1 miles in. Feeling good, keep going. (remember you need to get back.)

Next check point, the beginning of the boardwalk.
3.1 miles in. So far it has been relatively flat, without too many roots.
Going to get a little climbing from here (relative to the rest of 6MR)

The next half mile has a some up and down. over the steel bridge, you'll arrive at the intersection of the red trail.
Keep heading east (kinda straight-left), and you'll cross south middlebush towards 27, head back west to take the white or red trail to jaques lot.

White has more like the last bit of blue - red is flatter, and shorter.

Somewhere in there, you'll need to decide if you want to just reverse the trail system,
or make a lollipop - used white to get to jaques, return red -> blue
or use the red trail extension to get back to the canal lot (a few tough features)
or use the road. quickest, but the road is narrow.

That is probably a good test of your endurance.
play with this loop, then cross south middlebush to get more orange twisties, or red for more flow. (or out one, back the other)

let me know what ya think - i'm committed to do an easy ride on these trails during the day, during the week soon to get someone back on the bike.
if that fits your time to ride, would like another person along.

dvaidya

This is very helpful. Thank you @Patrick. I am going take a drive over after work on Friday and give it a shot. I will attempt to make it all the way to south middlebush and turn around for the first couple of rides. Goal is to hit the trails at least 3 times a week and as my endurance gets better make the ride longer.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This is very helpful. Thank you @Patrick. I am going take a drive over after work on Friday and give it a shot. I will attempt to make it all the way to south middlebush and turn around for the first couple of rides. Goal is to hit the trails at least 3 times a week and as my endurance gets better make the ride longer.

start a blog and keep track of your progress - tell some stories.
always good to go back and re-read later on.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions