Stan's, Please Take My Money

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can't kid myself, I ain't inserting anything too far into anything.
1570494385009.jpg

Attachments

• 1570494281796.gif
    1570494281796.gif
    955.5 KB · Views: 87

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stans wouldn’t seal? looks like a small hole. I always use the exo version.
gigantic hole in the sidewall.....I got the plug to seal it long enough to get back to the car. No fluid is going to seal any significant sidewall hole...My general rule with fluid...If you put a hole in the tire that you notice...As in you hit something and the tire deflates causing you to stop...its too big for fluid to seal...Fluid works instantly, or it doesnt.

Maxxis has definitely cooked up some garbage that it gives OEM's to put on new bikes.....I have never flatted a minion/aggressor in more than 5 years of using them and ill put my torture testing against anyone. I have torn open 3 oem exo TR minions in less than a year...all of them brand new....they have the same name/compound...but you can see the difference in the sidewall just by looking at them...Im sure some thinner versions so the OEMs can say their bikes weigh less.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
gigantic hole in the sidewall.....I got the plug to seal it long enough to get back to the car. No fluid is going to seal any significant sidewall hole...My general rule with fluid...If you put a hole in the tire that you notice...As in you hit something and the tire deflates causing you to stop...its too big for fluid to seal...Fluid works instantly, or it doesnt.

Maxxis has definitely cooked up some garbage that it gives OEM's to put on new bikes.....I have never flatted a minion/aggressor in more than 5 years of using them and ill put my torture testing against anyone. I have torn open 3 oem exo TR minions in less than a year...all of them brand new....they have the same name/compound...but you can see the difference in the sidewall just by looking at them...Im sure some thinner versions so the OEMs can say their bikes weigh less.
Hmmm. Interesting. I am still using @BrianGT3 ‘s Blur takeoff aspens from last year. Still sittin pretty.

oobaa47

Is this true for all companies that run maxxis as their oem tire? So if the sidewall printing has all the same specs as an exact aftermarket tire.......ie, 3c maxxterra, EXO, tubeless ready, 60 tpi, etc etc.......the oem ones have thinner sidewalls? That's pretty lame. In all reality, how many grams can they possibly save by having a slightly thinner sidewall? Maybe the bike companies are saving a few bucks if they are bulk ordering these tires in the hundreds of thousands because they cost a few cents less? Either way, it's pretty disappointing....

Top Bottom