Stan's, Please Take My Money

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
U think anyone would willing ride that new trek otherwise?

Part of me wonders if someone was cleaning up at Trek in a warehouse and found a prototype from 1998 and they figured, scew it, let's build it.
Not since they put her on that thing. Absolutely dominated the season, gets a fancy new bike and can't finish on the lead lap?

Trek has dumped so much money into opening retail stores they no longer have the budget for R&D to develop new products.

I'm not fooled that their R&D budget was looking through their warehouse of past experiments and finding a rear suspension design from 1998.

I'm not shitting on that bike, but the only people that are going to be riding it are sponsored riders. Nobody can say that bike makes any sense when there are FS bikes that are lighter, work better, don't use weirdass parts, can fit real tires and are in that same price range.

Maybe it's got T47 and I'll give it a pass on having a crappy BB

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Part of me wonders if someone was cleaning up at Trek in a warehouse and found a prototype from 1998 and they figured, scew it, let's build it.

I'm not fooled that their R&D budget was looking through their warehouse of past experiments and finding a rear suspension design from 1998.

I'm not shitting on that bike, but the only people that are going to be riding it are sponsored riders. Nobody can say that bike makes any sense when there are FS bikes that are lighter, work better, don't use weirdass parts, can fit real tires and are in that same price range.

Maybe it's got T47 and I'll give it a pass on having a crappy BB

Werd on the streets is that John Burke is looking to retire and his family has no interest in taking over. They're opening stores to offer a better value for the buyer. Like, look at all this stuff you get new buyer. We have 1,000 stores no one has ever been in. Dumping money into R&D and new products doesn't have the same sell value. The next big refresh we'll see will be when the new owners reorganize the company, but historically Trek has survived from buying small innovative companies and then squashing them. Klein, Bontrager, Gary Fisher, LeMond, etc..

Dingo

I am a huge dryna plug fan, but this thing seems to really be well thought out. I’ll grab a bunch for the shop and see what the Response is.
I see they are on backorder. Sold out the first batch.

Sven Migot

I saw this at unPAved. It's super light (all plastic). Doubt it weighs 1 oz.
They say the plug has an activator on it that makes the Stan's harden right away.
Also a lot cheaper than dino-plug.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
After destroying a third Minion (this one even had a Huck Norris insert installed), I figured I'd give this a try. SO far so good. Held up to another 10 miles of Chimney Rock without losing air.

minion.jpg

Top Bottom