Stacey London's winter pant thread...

Well here's my gift to the tight-a-phob's who spend too much time watching What Not To Wear and put lot's of effort into their wardrobe style rather than wear what works.... (Said the man with the desert and camo baggies.)

Anyway, a very nice winter riding pant. Check out the SPORTHILL XC PANT. msrp is $100.00 and you can dig up a pair for $85 or so w/ free shipping. They allow less air to pass than my Pearl Izumi therma fleece tights, probably are alittle warmer, have tall sizes, and are a slightly relaxed tapered fit. A winter training pant that is probably developed for xc skiing and work great for cycling.

In the end I think bib-style therma tights are the top in function but the Sporthill XC pant gets high marks from me on style and function.

Upgrade for your therma fleece.

Ok so you may have a pair of therma-tights (non-bib style) that keep you toasty but occasionally work their way down your body. I think it's the taper effect of the legs but the bottom line is that from time to time the pants can catch on the front of the seat, very bothersome.

The good news is that a $6 pair of suspenders from Walmart (With the plastic tabs built into the jaws. The brand is Puritan.) will keep them put and you won't even know their there. Inexpensive easy fix.

Happy riding... hope this helps.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you recco'd these to me last year and i picked them up. for road riding or wicked cold conditions they rock.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
that suspenders tip is smart. good thinking. i've found that wearing riding shorts over my tights as opposed to under helps alot in that regard, but it would be nice to have that chamois up against my boys.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that suspenders tip is smart. good thinking. i've found that wearing riding shorts over my tights as opposed to under helps alot in that regard, but it would be nice to have that chamois up against my boys.

Me too. I do tights under and over the shorts on really cold days and that's worked well for me.

Top Bottom