!st ride report

walter

Fourth Party
Finally took the new F29 for its first real ride this morning, a quick ride, but a fun ride on a beautiful day.

First thoughts, its a bit livlier than the Mary, possible because its aluminum, maybe the "normal" bars make it respond a bit quicker, maybe the fact that the tubing around the bb is bigger in diameter than the steel Mary, making it pedal a bit more responsively. The tire selection so far is spot on, no complaints on the ignitor in the rear, and the rampage up front is insane. Diving into corners at all kinds of speed with no questions at all. Brake feel was a bit off in the beginning, but I know they need some more rides to get working. All in all, a great first impression.

Fred was sleeping in his car in the parking lot when I arrived, he was waiting for Jeff and his buddies, but due to my time constraints and dad duties I had to venture off on my own, hopefully next time.

There was also a sighting of a mystery rider, but I will leave it up to them to say how things went today.

A beautiful weekend is finally here, hope everyone gets out to enjoy it.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Dood, we all knew that bike was gonna be a rocket, you spec'ed it out with all the right stuff. The Rampage combined with the stiffness of the Lefty must be awfully confidence-inspiring. Glad to hear the maiden voyage was fun- it's just gonna get more fun as you get it dialed.

J-Dro

Sorry you couldn't hang with us Walter for the maiden voyage. Hope you enjoyed breaking the champagne bottle over the new F29. We did a nice long 3+ hour ride so I guess it didn't fit in with your Dad duties.

As for Allaire... this was my first trip there in 5 years. My hat is off to all the trailbuilders at Allaire because the park is nothing like I remember it. (Memories of eroded sand pits comes to mind). The place is fast and fun and I was most surprised by all the new twisty trails that have been built.

Allaire + SS + 29" = hella fun. :D :D :D

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hey Walt,

Have a look on the SRAM website about break in on their brakes. Their is a process..

I am super happy that you are digging that bike. Honestly it is too good to be true in a lot of ways.

Will we see you in the AM??

Bring a rake,shovel or saw. I can bring you some straps to tie some thing to you top tube if need be.

j-

ArmyOfNone

I was startled awake to see walt smiling at me. LOL

I spun his bike around the lot for a bit and my thoughts were how light and responsive it was. Id like to ride it one day.

walter

Fourth Party
I was startled awake to see walt smiling at me. LOL

I spun his bike around the lot for a bit and my thoughts were how light and responsive it was. Id like to ride it one day.

Funny thing is, thats what people used to say about my sister, except for the light and responsive part

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny thing is, thats what people used to say about my sister, except for the light and responsive part

LOL! Gold start post of the weekend! Enjoy your bike Walter. Sounds like good stuff.

Shaggz

A strong 7
great 1st ride impressions. it's cool that you have the mary as a point of comparison. you wasted a lot of bad width and put a lot of thought into that decision and it sounds like you made a good choice.

D

DANSPANK

Hey Walter, I say your bike today too - looked preety sweet. Shame you couldn't stick around for a longer ride after the TM...

Top Bottom