SS or Road bike.....

rocknrollgirl

Rumor is around these parts that Santa might be shopping for a new bike for me...the question is do I want a SS or a road bike? I have a fs race bike and a fs workhorse so that area is covered....

What do do.....

( i know, i know...tough choices....)

scalpel6

If your serous about your MT racing a road bike will get you in great shape. On the other hand I just got a 29 SS and it is so much fun. Since you have two MT bikes I would get a road bike. Does Santa have a road bike? A road bike gives you another option when the trails are in bad shape.

bobkennelly

what bike?

Get the road bike and convert one of your MTN bikes to a S.S......Problem solved....See the Jdog...

The Bobke

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have a lot of bikes.

The one that I always reach for first is the single speed 29er.

When I think of my best rides this year.. They were all on the SS bike.

I love the road bike too and in terms of fitness building or mental health the road bike is super.

I guess it is fair to say that 4 -6 bikes is the norm with my group of friends. That being said get the road bike and get the SS next.

Either way you should always overbuy.. No one ever wishes they had bought a lesser bike.

j-

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
You should see J about a bike, my vote is a road bike since you don't already have one. "THE" Jdog is a bit much though....

You don't know Bob.. When you meet him you will get it.

He is a 16 year old in a 50 year old body.

If I ever grow up I will be like him.

j-

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I got a road bike almost two months ago and it opened up riding options for me. It helps me keep a consistent level of fitness over a week. Instead of riding MTB twice a week, I now ride twice and then two more times on the road and over all I get more time in the saddle and can ride better when I do.

bobkennelly

You don't know Bob.. When you meet him you will get it.

He is a 16 year old in a 50 year old body.

If I ever grow up I will be like him.

j-

I guess when you got 3 teenage boys at home like I do, its hard not to act a little goofy now and then with other people you know, especially when I am a bike,Its the greatest feeling, the only time I see J is on a bike. So I do act act goofy..All other aspects of my life seem to be so mentaly draining and serious with family issues.. And I am up to 5 CANNONDALES myself now..latest being my F29r SS

Last edited:
D

DANSPANK

Road bike - I get such as sense of accomplishment after knocking up 50-60-70 miles on a ride. Plus we've got some great routes when you head out into the countryside...

Glancing Aft

Road Bike for sure, it will greatly improve your training. The SS, while fun as hell, will start to collect dust unless you plan to start racing it (at least that's what has happened to mine) the road bike you will always use. So my vote is road bike.

Top Bottom