SRAM XX-Files

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I've been patiently waiting for this groupset, but I am taking everything in that picture with a grain of salt.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
I've been patiently waiting for this groupset, but I am taking everything in that picture with a grain of salt.

I'd agree with you on that - especially the cassette and FD. Everything else looks pretty promising, but the cassette and FD look weak.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
If SRAM goes 10-speed, I'll switch back to Shimano...

10 speed... over my dead body... Sorry, but that's getting re-goddamn-diculous...

I am pretty darn sure that they will go 10.

The pics that were posted on cycling news might have been marketing info aimed at product managers. That is where most of the leaks on this type of stuff comes from. Keep in mind that SRAM is selling there stuff to the bike companies 9-12 months before we even have a clue what they are going to be making.

I personally think that the future of geared bikes is in internally geared hubs.

syadasti

Wet Rag
I am pretty darn sure that they will go 10.

Its an XC racing specific gruppo - its an addition line, not a replacement. Most people don't run road style dual cranksets though some XC racers have in the past over the years.

Even than if people don't like it, it will fade away/fail like Shimano dual control or the rebirth of rapid rise.

Last edited:

BMXxXJ

i'm stoked on it. actually sort of road it already. double tap flat bar shifters 10spd and read cassette. i run 22-36 up front.

my 2x9 set up currently is a LX crank hollowtech II LX shifters, XTR rear derailleur( the old gray one) with a dura-ace short cage on the deraileur. and an XTR front. and a dura-ace 12-27 cassette. i'n actually considering going to a 1x 10 setup. now that there's 11-28 road cassettes in the 10spd variety

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
If SRAM goes 10-speed, I'll switch back to Shimano...

10 speed... over my dead body... Sorry, but that's getting re-goddamn-diculous...

Agreed.

I run 1x9 on the SIR9 when it is not in it's SS configuration. And even then, I think I only use 3 or 4 of the 9. Dunno' what I'd do with 10 or 20 of 'em...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I personally think that the future of geared bikes is in internally geared hubs.

Ball bearings bro. Ball bearings.

fletch.jpg

brybry57

Its an XC racing specific gruppo - its an addition line, not a replacement. Most people don't run road style dual cranksets though some XC racers have in the past over the years.
Even than if people don't like it, it will fade away/fail like Shimano dual control or the rebirth of rapid rise.

Some of us love dual control and are thinking about rapid rise on their new bike... Don't Hate

syadasti

Wet Rag
Some of us love dual control and are thinking about rapid rise on their new bike... Don't Hate

They didn't sell which is why Shimano focused back on triggers and added SRAM's thumb release action. The shadow design borrowed and improved on ideas from SRAM too.

I was just talking to one of the guys from Fuji about this yesterday. He says they have sent out a bike for test fitting XX on it. From what I got he was saying it will be a 2x10.

Top Bottom