sram level tlm brakes dragging

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Crap. I've got a set of Hopes from my old bike, so I'm definitely going to keep those in reserve. The G2 RSC's have been decent, so I haven't replaced them with the Hopes yet.
I don’t have any experience with the g2 but they said they fixed it on the guides after a certain date, but nope, same thing.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I jumped to Shimano a couple of years ago when my Guide R's seized on me with the plastic piston expanding. My newest bike came with the current Guild R 4-piston brakes so let's see how the redesign goes.

dficonstruction

I actually installed our last stock Warranty set today. I usually keep a dozen or so in stock all the time. They take a few days to get otherwise.
Are you a sram dealer? If so can I ship the brakes to you for the needed repairs? Of course I'll pay for the return shipping and bleeding.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Crap. I've got a set of Hopes from my old bike, so I'm definitely going to keep those in reserve. The G2 RSC's have been decent, so I haven't replaced them with the Hopes yet.

replace and sell while still worth something.

dficonstruction

Well I found a dealer who said they would fix them under warranty so I dropped the bike off yesterday. They just left me a message saying that after fixing the brakes they went to bleed them but they wouldn’t come back to life so they said I need to buy a new set of brakes front and back.

moose35

Well I found a dealer who said they would fix them under warranty so I dropped the bike off yesterday. They just left me a message saying that after fixing the brakes they went to bleed them but they wouldn’t come back to life so they said I need to buy a new set of brakes front and back.
That sounds fishy

dficonstruction

Well I got the bike back after paying $34 for a brake bleed. It looks like they rebuilt the front caliper and did nothing else. The front caliper wasn’t even bolted on when I pick it up. I bolted the caliper back on and the lever was very spongy. I pumped the lever a bunch of times and it got much better. I let it sit and when I tried it again it was great. The front brake seems to be working properly. The bike shop did say that the brake warranty is only good for three years so maybe this is why they didn’t fix it properly. Anyone know if that’s true? If so I’ll probably just buy a new rear tlm assembly. Thanks

Patrick

Staff member
Well I got the bike back after paying $34 for a brake bleed. It looks like they rebuilt the front caliper and did nothing else. The front caliper wasn’t even bolted on when I pick it up. I bolted the caliper back on and the lever was very spongy. I pumped the lever a bunch of times and it got much better. I let it sit and when I tried it again it was great. The front brake seems to be working properly. The bike shop did say that the brake warranty is only good for three years so maybe this is why they didn’t fix it properly. Anyone know if that’s true? If so I’ll probably just buy a new rear tlm assembly. Thanks

it is a recall, not a warranty issue.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Warranty includes brand new levers.
it is a recall, not a warranty issue.
tenor.gif

@dficonstruction i will be selling some TLM's at the end of next week for very cheap, maybe you could just steal some parts.

Patrick

Staff member
tenor.gif

@dficonstruction i will be selling some TLM's at the end of next week for very cheap, maybe you could just steal some parts.

Jim is right - it is a no questions asked warranty replacement, even if not the first owner.
recall would mean they'd have to contact everyone.

1594317807769.png

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
If you call SRAM, they will explicitly state that it is not a recall. It is a 'goodwill' repair. Make of that what you will...

It means the 2 dozen prototypes I tested trying to get these right didn't do shit. Although after riding 50 or so different Sram brakes through all different phases of development, I've only had one pair fail. A Guide RSC.

one piece crank

The Level-T's on my Fatboy have an extreme case of drag. I ordered/picked-up this bike in Aug-2019, so it would seem past their lever recall good will replacement period? The last time I bled them was end-Summer-2020, and besides the large rotors, I never really liked these brakes. I'm thinking of just outright replacement with G2 RCS's. Is this a bad choice?

Top Bottom