sram level tlm brakes dragging

dficonstruction

I have a cannondale scalpel with sram level tlm brakes. After riding and I go to stop both the front and rear brakes work but they won't release. I've read this is a known problem and sram will fix it so I called the local sram bike shop and they won't fix it because I don't have the original receipt. So I guess I'm stuck trying to fix it. Does anyone know what I need to do to get these brakes working properly? Thanks

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Paging @jimvreeland

At last check the shops had the parts and doled them out as needed. They are jammed with business right now, so it might take a bit. Recommend taking care of them if they can pull off a miracle.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I actually installed our last stock Warranty set today. I usually keep a dozen or so in stock all the time. They take a few days to get otherwise.

one piece crank

It's a simple fix. You replace with Shimano brakes.

Fixed.

Back on topic, installed a warranty set of levers on an old set of DB5 brakes that fell within the warranty serial number range, that instantly restored perfect braking. Only cost me a new bleed kit (which I needed anyway).

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I have a cannondale scalpel with sram level tlm brakes. After riding and I go to stop both the front and rear brakes work but they won't release. I've read this is a known problem and sram will fix it so I called the local sram bike shop and they won't fix it because I don't have the original receipt. So I guess I'm stuck trying to fix it. Does anyone know what I need to do to get these brakes working properly? Thanks
FEIBANG Brake Lever Internals... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852GGD77?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Fixed.

Back on topic, installed a warranty set of levers on an old set of DB5 brakes that fell within the warranty serial number range, that instantly restored perfect braking. Only cost me a new bleed kit (which I needed anyway).
Second warranty on guides and it started again, sorry, jumped to shimano.

Dingo

Had 3 sets of avid's they all had sticking problems, they passed on the legacy to guides.
Shimano for 5 years, flawless. And they have bite!!

jackx

Around 18-24 month is when you’ll know
Crap. I've got a set of Hopes from my old bike, so I'm definitely going to keep those in reserve. The G2 RSC's have been decent, so I haven't replaced them with the Hopes yet.

Top Bottom