Sram 3.0 rd

MTBTyler

I have the sram 3.0 RD. I can not get it to stop skipping.:mad: Ive had it adjusted 2 times. Every time I put pressure on the petals it skips and grinds. Is there a common problem with it or is it just a crappy derailer? I broke my chain today at CR and used a sram power link to fix it. Could the chain braking have anything to do with it?

BicyclePhD

Jamis Bicycles
Shop Keep
check the links on the chain to see if any of them are twisted are separated

spin the crank backward if the chain starts to bind or drops down the cassette then ur der hanger is bent

BiknBen

I can not get it to stop skipping.:mad: Ive had it adjusted 2 times. Every time I put pressure on the petals it skips and grinds. Is there a common problem with it or is it just a crappy derailleur?

If you've had it adjusted at a shop then I doubt there is anything wrong with the derailleur. A skipping chain is often caused by a worn cassette and or chain.

As the PhD pointed out, check to ensure that the links of the chain are all moving freely. If so, then you need to tell us how old the cassette and chain are.

Here is a common scenario. The bike shifts fine. When in a certain cassette cog, the chain skips when you put extra pressure on the pedals. You can shift to a different cog and everything is fine there. When you go back to the first cog, it continues to skip. This often occurs with the smaller cassette cogs because they wear faster than the larger cogs.

In general, you should replace the chain when it is worn. There are tools to measure chain wear. If you let it go too long, you destroy the cassette and possibly the chain-rings. Then you have to replace everything.

MTBTyler

I found the problem. It wasnt the RD it was the guts in the cog or whatever you call it. Yay! its under warentee:D

Top Bottom