*sprain ridge park*

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
http://www.wmba.org/Maps.html
I be first to admit that when I'm in this neck of the woods I always would head to blue or up a little more to Ninham but yesterday I decided to check Sprain ridge park and glade I did. You can bring any bike and have fun including your dh rig! Jumps, drops, skinnies and rockups galore. I think in the first 1/4 mile I road there were 8 3'-4' drop slash jumps. Out back there was a built up log pile ramp with smooth runout (big air). If your in need to hone your tech skills you won't be disappointed. Would recommend bring padded gear to really challenge yourself. Every climb is switchbacked so your 30+ or ss rides are made easy! Had a blast and will be back, Big shoutout for the locals I joined with yesterday....

idbrian

Crotch Rot
So did you guys hit the other side of the power lines? There are two spots in that park that scare the bejesus out of me. One is that huge tree you ride on, on the other side of the power lines. The one where you are 15 feet above large jagged rocks. Then there is a decent at the top of the big switchback where you have to turn left while techy decending and their is a 20' cliff to your right if screw up. Both of these would be easy on flat ground.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So did you guys hit the other side of the power lines? .

Hit everything and even did some twice spent a good 3hrs. being the first time and no protective gear I was cautious at most but when your with a group of ten you tend to fall right in it, lots of fun...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
This thread reminded me that I have to get back there...I didn{t go a single time in 2008 :eek::eek:...this better change for 2009.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Poor Steve.00 nutting himself on that skinny.

I've worked myself badly at Sprain. Serious injuries that have put me off the bike and into PT for months. It's no joke, but always fun.

tp333

Mtn Biking on hold

Hey Mat maybe you know Sprain better than me. Just went once with Tom and do not know all the good stuff. BTW, did sell the 575 carbon.Tony

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Sprain is awesome. When I used to work in the city I did a lot of day and night riding there. There is no where that has more technical terrain per area than Sprain Ridge. Well maybe Ninham?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Mat maybe you know Sprain better than me. Just went once with Tom and do not know all the good stuff. BTW, did sell the 575 carbon.Tony

hey tony only rode it the one time but hooked right up with a group of regulars that basically gave me a good tour, park is smallish but loaded with tons of features. Will definitely hook up and rock the nomads there soon....

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Was there today and the trails were hardpack white stuff. A slow-go in spots but a ton of fun. This is a great park.

Attachments

• sprainridgeI.jpg
    sprainridgeI.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 204
  • sprainridgeII.jpg
    sprainridgeII.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 218

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I like this place. Only been twice but it's got some fun trails. I actually work just a mile away now so I should hit it at some point while I'm still here.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Looks easy to get to, Rt 80 and across the GWB would be the way to go. Place looks like fun. Maybe take the trials bike or freeride bike. Why beat the good bikes on that stuff in the vid. I'm not a city person - safe place to go? Cars get broken into?:hmmm:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
It's perfectly safe, and there's plenty of XC there for those so inclined. It's the kind of place you can ride with a group of bikes from SS hardtails to 8" freeride bikes, and everyone can have a good time.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Was at Sprain 9am and it was a sheet of ice.
Traveled down to RW and no better.

Attachments

• sprain2809.jpg
    sprain2809.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 186
Top Bottom