*sprain ridge park*

jontotman

Sprain Ridge after work 7/14/09

I'm not sure if this is where I should put this but my friend and I will ride Sprain Ridge today, wheels down at 5:30 P.M. whoever wants to ride with us we are happy to give you guys a tour.

Sorry for the late notice.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I work in Queens and will either ride Sprain or Cunningham Tomorrow. My post work Sprain rides have always been the worst rides i have ever taken, but i am always hopeful that i have gotten better and i can nail it. I feel i can now.

Cunningham is boring but uplifting, Sprain is hard but an ego killer. I'm frail after work i find.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
My friends and I will probably hit Graham Hills tomorrow, same time 5:30 PM so if you want to tag along just show up. He drives a white VW golf and I will be driving a blue minivan.

You can check out this thread in WMBA.ORG
http://wmba1.tommychurch.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7402

Yeah i signed up a few years ago to wmba. But it is a haul for me to get out to any trails up there besides Sprain and get a few hours in before dark. And Sprain itself is hard. Think i'm going to cunningham today, haven't been there in a while.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had a business meeting in Connecticut today so If figured I tie in a ride with the drive home.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/9047792

The park is pretty cool. Lots of fun features, some decent climbing, but hard to get any "speed". The turns are fun but not real flowy, I would call them stabbing; accelerate, brake, turn, repeat. The best part (for me) was out along the power lines (south east section close to Sprain Brook Hwy). Lots of tight trails along the hillside with some fun log rides. I did get bit on a drop off. Hit the jumps in the lower section - you can get some pretty good air there (although I wasn't killin' it - need to pad up for that). A little disappointed with the treatment of the park, quite a bit of garbage considering there are like 100 gabage cans all over the place. I threw a handfull of junk into a bag to help a little. I took some photos but only my hematoma came out clear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom