Sprain Ridge Park

I have fond memories of my ride there with @KenS many moons ago. But somehow I think north jersey trails are more fun from what I remember. Maybe others will chime in with updates.

It’s fun. It also can be confusing, as the trails intersect often. If you like features/drops there’s a lot of them. Keep an eye out for alternate lines.

Definitely worth a trip. As someone else stated it's best if you can ride with someone that knows the place. Trailforks does a pretty good job, but the steep off-camber trails on the east side of the power lines I don't think are posted. They're good if you can find them.

I have fond memories of my ride there with @KenS many moons ago. But somehow I think north jersey trails are more fun from what I remember. Maybe others will chime in with updates.
Indeed, many fun times, and the place I broke the eff out of my thumb haha.

It's a great place for rock rollers and alt lines, and general fun northeast styled riding, but a local guide would help immensely. We used to go here as an "off island" ride when i lived out there, and always asked the WNBA folks for a tour.

77176759.YtBcDuUT.jpg

Frank riding "The Whale" @ Sprain, April 2007

Indeed, many fun times, and the place I broke the eff out of my thumb haha.

It's a great place for rock rollers and alt lines, and general fun northeast styled riding, but a local guide would help immensely. We used to go here as an "off island" ride when i lived out there, and always asked the WNBA folks for a tour.
Oh man, that’s right!!! The first trail we rode and you botched the drop. But you manned up and rode the whole ride with a broken thumb!

Oh man, that’s right!!! The first trail we rode and you botched the drop. But you manned up and rode the whole ride with a broken thumb!
Yep, wheelied too early trying to wheelie drop a rock I'd hit many times and endo'd; made my thumb touch my forearm. Fun stuff! I still remember the relief of putting it back in place.

The old saying was the most fun per inch around. Jam packed with goodies. I rode there with the dude Bean who was a Westchester cat and his buds. Rode some crazy lines. I remember a skinny that went up about 12ft high onto a rock roll, I thought that was pretty sick though never my cup of tea. Was impressed with this particular group of local riders. Geez this was when I had a first Gen nomad.

Definitely worth a trip. As someone else stated it's best if you can ride with someone that knows the place. Trailforks does a pretty good job, but the steep off-camber trails on the east side of the power lines I don't think are posted. They're good if you can find them.
I remember riding those trail off the power lines years ago but can’t remember exactly where they were. I remember a big telephone skinny across a swamp too. I asked friends who ride there often and they had no idea, and the heatmap looks like maybe they don’t get ridden anymore. I’ll have to try harder to find them next time I’m there.

before work at like 6am I was hitting sprain on my SS and it's definitely a good workout, especially when your climbing and the smell of fresh trash from the garbage disposal company..👍

Yep, wheelied too early trying to wheelie drop a rock I'd hit many times and endo'd; made my thumb touch my forearm. Fun stuff! I still remember the relief of putting it back in place.
This scares me the most out of all things in mountain biking. Then again, I got a broken wrist and genis the only time I tried.

As the others have said: features features features. It's not a place to get in your miles but there is some fun, tricky and hair-raising stuff. You really do need to know where you are. That said, it's impossible to get lost so you can just ride whatever and see where it takes you.

Back
Top Bottom