Sprain Ridge, NY 10/13

Off The Road Again

Just throwing this out there, really fun place to ride with enough challenging sections to keep you coming back. I plan on being there so come out and join us!!!!

Fall Ride, BBQ, and Beer Event at Sprain - 10/13 9am-2pm - hosted by WMBA

We're kicking off the Fall riding season with a little get together.

We will have: BEER from Captn Lawrence, Burgers, Brats, Nibblies.
There will be music, bike wrenching services, and group rides!!
No Cost.

Come join us for a fun day at Sprain Ridge Park!

whats up.
I feel stupid asking questions after seeing Captn Lawrence & No Cost, but what kind of ride is it Advanced? beginner? couldn't find much info on that

I've ridden there a couple times and from what I remember it's a relatively small park, but definitely not beginner grade. Intermediate, a few cool rock rollers and drops, good flow. Haven't been there in awhile so I'm excited to get back there and get reacquainted with the trails. From what I remember there were a few "uh oh" sections so I want to revisit them.

There's an entire beginner loop right out of the parking lot that is smooth and flowey. Sprain has something for everyone.

I would love to go to this, but I have to work. Plus if I wasn't working, I'd be at the Jorba ride. But anyway...would love to ride sprain sometime! I have only hiked there once and it looked awesome for MTBing!! There were definitely some way advanced features, but there were plenty of go-arounds to make it a friendly park for less advanced riders.

THE MOST FUN PER SQUARE INCH YOU CAN HAVE!

I don't care what bike you bring or what level you are this is a fun place...

Sprain is a super fun place with something for every level rider and the WMBA community is very friendly. I'm bummed out about missing this.

This video gives you an idea of the fun to be had at Sprain. http://videotrailreviews.com/trails/Sprain

Spectacular day at Sprain Ridge today! I quoted Manny because he hit the nail on the head- different levels of riding ability for trails, and the WMBA is a super friendly, sool group of people. Started off on the beginner section which is fast and flowy with a few techy sections but not hard- just enough to keep you honest. Regrouped and headed off to the rockier sections with the rollers and drops, log skinnys, etc. Very creative trail system and well designed.
I had a great time, and I think everyone else who joined did too. Hats off to WMBA for setting this up!

Back
Top Bottom