Sports drinks

KStwenty1

While I dont always beleive what I read online... and yahoo news has some of the worst articles out there...

I found this "review" of sports drinks interesting
http://shopping.yahoo.com/photos/th...atural-sports-drinks-photo-1378765695797.html

I especially liked the last one, the most natural, cheap, and easy to bring with you, a banana and for during the ride, raisins, all accompanied by water :hmmm:

It is hard for me...and still is - to fight my god awful hunger. You have shown me that eating natural foods on a ride like oranges, nuts(unsalted), bananas, and just plain ole water. Fast forward to today, all I drink anymore is water on my rides....that is when I don't happen to stop at a convenience store for a quick fix of Yoohoo. I wasn't aware of the raisins but now will be bringing them along for a snack instead of those expensive GU's, Chomps or ClifBloks.

Back to my nasty hunger.....

During my quest this year, I have lost about 30 lbs but seem to have gained back 10. I can't seem to control myself when I finish a ride or if I just haven't eaten in a while. I'm aware that what I eat makes me the way I am but I need help in that regard. It is the amount I eat, not so much what I eat. Ugh...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
scale is nice, but how your clothes fit is probably a better metric.

if you gain 10lbs, and your waist gets smaller........

Jake, jump in on this one!

KStwenty1

scale is nice, but how your clothes fit is probably a better metric.

if you gain 10lbs, and your waist gets smaller........

Jake, jump in on this one!

Just so we don't hijack JM's post, The one thing that is for sure is carbonated drinks are a distant memory. Yes...even those so called "diet" sodas. On the other hand, Yoohoo's cure cancer right? Right??

Last edited:

Glenlivet12

we started carrying a small bag of banana chips in one of our jersey pockets for long road rides. Usually one water bottle is water and the other has a 1/4 or 1/2 strength sports drink normally heed just for a bit of extra sugar. Raisins seem like a better idea. 99% of the time i go through my water bottle first and the mix is mostly full.

rick81721

Lothar
Sports drinks are created to boost energy for a fairly long time period, decrease fatigue and increase health. Sports drinks have less calories, increase stamina and help in reducing extra weight.

Where'd you hear that bull?

Johnny Utah

Everything on the label is true, if you drink twleve a day it makes you healthier too. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is healthier than large amounts of sugar, checmical dyes, (liquified and carbonated of course), added with unntaural amounts of caffine. I also heard if you tattoo your favorite drink brand on youself, it works 10x better and makes your more "rad" (face tattoo makes this 40x more potenet and wins 1000 life points)

Water, trail mix, & banana (I have been known to carry a potato as well), they haven't let me down yet.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sports drinks also increase sex drive, grow hair, promote boob and penis growth and its users are better looking and make more money then people who don't drink sports drinks.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Sports drinks also increase sex drive, grow hair, promote boob and penis growth and its users are better looking and make more money then people who don't drink sports drinks.

thought that was beer, dang????

can we make that boob or penis growth?

Jougas

Is it good to take the energy and sports drinks for the purpose of boosting your energy?
I think it is not good because it is not real and more natural because these energy drinks boost the energy for a very limited time in an artificial way.
I think taking the natural drinks i.e fresh fruits juices, fruits shakes, and protein shake is the best way for the energy purposes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom