size 54.5TT (im ~5'11)

Geo:
Seat Tube Length, C-T: 580mm
Seat Tube Length, C-C: 535mm
Top Tube Length (Horizontal): 545mm
BB Drop: 58mm
Chainstay Length: 425mm
HT Length: 144mm

Background: This was my race rig a few years ago then I clipped a pedal on the crossing uprights and they had used rebar under the pvc... and dented the downtube. I used the bike for the next year or so with said giant dent without issue. I eventually found a good deal on a Ridley XNight and have been racing that since so this has just been sitting in my basement. I have more photos if anyone wants.

The list below is the build with the frame. I used sold items on Ebay for the pricing assuming I parted it out (just as a rough guess)

Id love to see the bike being used and raced again and NOT sitting in my basement collecting dust. Id do $400 for everything listed below.

The build components = $415

Spooky Supertouch Frame + Dent :)
Alpha Q Cx Fork ($120)
FSA Headset ($10)
Ritchey Bars ($15)
Black Stem ($5)
Oval Seatpost ($10)
7800 Dura Ace 10sp shifters ($100)
6700 Ultegra cranks [172.5 130bcd] + GXP Bottom Bracket ($50)
Thorne CX outer chain ring shimano inner ($30)
Ultegra chain ($5)
Ultegra FD ($10)
105 RD ($15)
TRP Euro-X canti brakes ($50)
Others: Bar Tape/Cables

build components 120+10+5+15+10+100+50+30+5+10+
15+50= $420

Attachments

• spooky2.JPG
    spooky2.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 139
  • spooky3.JPG
    spooky3.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 135
  • spooky1.JPG
    spooky1.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 131
  • spooky4.JPG
    spooky4.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So everything but hoops? Any cracking around the dent you can see? This is as bad as when @ecsnsmb has a fire sale! Or the TCR. Or the IF. Fack, I need a raise...

audi666

So everything but hoops? Any cracking around the dent you can see? This is as bad as when @ecsnsmb has a fire sale! Or the TCR. Or the IF. Fack, I need a raise...

Yes everything minus wheels but I have plent of wheels if you were looking for somthing to go with (tubular, tubeless, reg-clincher)

There is no cracking, and I can get you better upclose pictures tonight if youd like. I took it to a local frame builder Simon at Firth & Wilson (use to build frames at Bilenky) to make sure it wouldnt be a bad idea to lend it out (since I was going to put one of the juniors we coach on it)

http://transportcycle.com/pages/frame-repair

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never seen a Supertouch that didn't have a dent or ding somwhere on it. Mine did. Super thin walls between the butts on these tubes which makes them a real joy to ride but also a little dent prone. Great bike at a super price.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never seen a Supertouch that didn't have a dent or ding somwhere on it. Mine did. Super thin walls between the butts on these tubes which makes them a real joy to ride but also a little dent prone. Great bike at a super price.

So it's maybe a nicer ride than average aluminum? Really I'm looking for something kinda adventure bikey. Steel and disc would be perfect, but cool and reasonably priced is good too. Advice?

audi666

This is a great race cyclocross machine. not so much of an adventure machine. Like Delish said, its thin walled and stupid light.

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Super fun bike with a great ride. It's a completely different beast than your average Tiawanese McAluminum cx bike (i.e. Fuji, Motobecane, Redline, etc...). Appears to be one of the SAPA (Oregon) built versions.

Mine wouldn't take big fat tires and didn't have bottle bosses either so it had limited adventure appeal.

Top Bottom