spinergy xyclone disc wheelset

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anyone running this wheelset it got 2007 mtbr best award and has high marks from those that wrote reviews. under 1700gs with a price of $550 seem pretty good to me. anyone out there got any input?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah, i understand that and thought about getting extras just in case. my understanding they give you a spoke tool with the wheelset. I also was going to run stans with panracers fire xc pros. anybody run something simalar?

RNG1

I'm running stans with the same tires for the last 2 races and (I am knocking on my head) they are holding air really well.Also stans are lighter for the same cost and these rims have been really solid for me (I am still knocking on my head)

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
not real sure what you mean that your (knocking your head) am i missing something here.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I'm pretty sure he's making a joke (ie. - 'knock on wood')

For what it's worth, I've had no problems with the UST version w/Stan's.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Not knowing you guys I would think if I said that it would be ( knocking on wood ) instead of "I am knocking on my head" but then again I might be just stating the obvious .. :)

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
lol !! stupid me now i got it. I haven't look in to the stans wheels I more or less was feeding off mtbr reviews and price so I will look more into it. I was refering to running no tubes kit on the spinergy wheel set.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well just purchsed stans 355's with the hope pro 11's and hoping I made the right choice being that they didn't get high marks in the mtbr fourms. the hubs I do know are quality but the rims took some knocks, but thier are some people here riding them. anyone having issues? I'm understanding you can run non-tubless with this rim right? I'm also 205#'s should I worry about these rims holding up? any input would be great.

Top Bottom