spin class!

NJ Jess

Well, I got to my first spin class in 3 months. I'll tell ya, it really kicks my butt. One would think with all the riding I do, that my legs would be faster,...NOT! Spinning is actually different than biking, but the cardio is way up there. I got up to zone 3 and didn't do all the jumps that other riders where doing. Rather, concentrating on full circles and speed spinning after the Hard climbs session. I'm currently doing my base miles, but I need entertainment! Watching the instructor, Chris with his awesome legs, and all the other fitness fantantics keeps me focused on winter training. Welding outside today is freezing temps and wind that was spattering my arch was also endurance training. It's fun classes that allow me to endure my job. So, perhaps once a week of spin. Hope everyone else is finding their drive to keep training.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It goes both ways..

Every spring I take some spin freak out for a ride and they just bonk on the road. They can't figure out why they can rock a marathon spin class yet they suck on a real bike.

I have come to the conclusion that although spinning keeps you moving and aerobic it has nothing to do with fitness on the bike. I guess it would be worse to do nothing.

I personally hate spinning. The recycled air, the yelling, the B.O., terrible music,etc.. i would rather freeze outside. There is also something to be said for time away from the bike.

I purposely do not ride a road bike from sept till march so that I am exited to get back on the road in the spring.

Sorry for the entry in fem. domain

rryyddeerr

hey girly. glad your able to get some spin in. were missing you out here though. whens this six days a week crap gonna end?
n

NJ Jess

February

rryyddeerr said:
hey girly. glad your able to get some spin in. were missing you out here though. whens this six days a week crap gonna end?
n

Yup, I'm working 6 days a week, 9 hours a day in all this crappy weather until February. It's so hard to get my training in, my laundry, food shopping, Christmas stuff, yadda yadda yadda. I'm putting my niterider on my road bike to attempt to go from my worksite in Asbury Park up through Allenhurst-Deal. I need to get some reflective stuff since darkness comes 30 minutes into my ride. Thats why I'm going to try to do spin one day a week. I want to ride with other people. I use my trainer at home, but 1 hour 20 minutes later I'm Very Bored. Hope to make a TeamBulldog ride. Perhaps you guys could do a Sunday at the Shore ride. Keep the wheels spining!

NJ Jess

As long as you it's worthy,....

jdog said:
Sorry for the entry in fem. domain

the Guys can post in this forum too. I just hope it's worthy contributions and not flame. Most female riders get into mtbing from their boyfriends, brothers, etc. so it's okay to continue to voice your knowledge. Welcome

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
NJ Jess said:
I need to get some reflective stuff since darkness comes 30 minutes into my ride.

Dunk yourself in phosphorous. I hear that works as well at attracting attention as rryyddeerr's signature.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Trainer session in Long Branch

NJ Jess said:
Yup, I'm working 6 days a week, 9 hours a day in all this crappy weather until February. It's so hard to get my training in, my laundry, food shopping, Christmas stuff, yadda yadda yadda. I'm putting my niterider on my road bike to attempt to go from my worksite in Asbury Park up through Allenhurst-Deal. I need to get some reflective stuff since darkness comes 30 minutes into my ride. Thats why I'm going to try to do spin one day a week. I want to ride with other people. I use my trainer at home, but 1 hour 20 minutes later I'm Very Bored. Hope to make a TeamBulldog ride. Perhaps you guys could do a Sunday at the Shore ride. Keep the wheels spining!
There should be trainer sessions already running or soon starting at the Peddler in Long Branch. Usually a good crowd there.

Heading North out of AP onto Ocean Ave. is pretty safe for night riding as long as you've got front/rear lights. The shoulder is quite wide, all the way up to Sea Bright.

Last edited:
A

aruss18

spin class

hey there nj jess...nice meeting you in spin class on friday. this site rocks! i've only been riding about 8 months but would definitely like to meet some other girls who ride and i would definitely be interested in a clinic to work on some skills. i'll be checking back on the site to see what's going on!

rryyddeerr

NJ Jess said:
I use my trainer at home, but 1 hour 20 minutes later I'm Very Bored. Hope to make a TeamBulldog ride. Perhaps you guys could do a Sunday at the Shore ride. Keep the wheels spining!

weve already been whispering about an allair trip sometime soon. got nevegals today. looks like a total gripfest. ready to get in the woods this week.
ive got a ton of dvds your more than welcome to borrow. movies, and two seasons of friends. might i also suggest netflix if you dont already indulge. theyre super fast if you dont order three movies everyother day. for me its either pedaling or zoloft. your pretty well adjusted though. i need all the help i can get! stay out of trouble and hopefully we can chat soon.
noah

Top Bottom