Speedplay X2 cleats

serviceguy

A few years back I bought a frame that came with these pedals in decent shape, never thought much about them until now...I feel the need, the need for speed(play). Unfortunately I am missing the cleats to go with them so they're pretty much dead weight, if you have a set of used, usable cleats that you want to get rid of for a decent price I'm ready to play.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Speedplay, or I should say Wahoo, discontinued these and parts aren't easy to come by. If you find cleats, get a couple.

serviceguy

A bunch of compatible cleats are available on e-bay, are they any good? The real deal are like $175+ new...also, aren't the new one compatible backward at all?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The Zero Cleats aren't compatible, they need to be the olde tyme X ones. I haven't seen the eBay ones but I'm sure someone has to make aftermarket versions now that they're defunct.

serviceguy

Meh, not worth it, I can see myself going down the rabbit hole, once again, and have nothing to show for it. I haven't recovered from the formula speedlock fiasco yet...I guess I should stay away from anything that starts with 'speed'...makes sense in a way...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
are these frozen to the crank arm?
cause, well, just cause i have a suggestion.
:)

Top Bottom