Speed Limit 15...

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
So one will be required to carry a driver's license to ride a mtb? Article mentioned that it will be part of one's dmv records.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Cop: do you know how fast you were going?
Mtber: nope
I_dont_know_smiley.png

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
They have been doing this in Marin for decades. Long ago (ca. 1999) I remember the rangers with radar guns on trails at China Camp State Park handing out tickets. The hiker/horse lobby is legit out dere.

mustclime

It's called a bankrup liberal state that needs to dream up revenue. They have set the bar since the greatful dead began in Palo Alto. States run by Hippies freaks and Q****s.
And why is it bankrup?
Because they had a bunch of right wingers cutting taxes for the rich property owners.....history > than your knowledge base...do a little search on
California Proposition 13.....

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Half my family resides
Half of them are liberal hippies
The state is over populated with entitlement. Too many with a hand out and not enough to pay for it.

huffster

I think I might die laughing if a park ranger jumped out from behind a tree in Wawayanda and said "Stop, your speeding". Doesn't the ranger have to catch me, too? 15 MPH seems like a pretty low limit when you get a nice stretch of downhill. Not that my average exceeds much more than 6-8 mph in the woods.

I gather these are locations that are seriously over-crowded and filled with selfish people who can't figure out how to share a trail and stop giving hikers a good reason to complain. You would think that would apply to some of the places here in northern NJ and southern NY, just based on the crowding and the # of assholes per square mile. I never feel crowded. But, I never ride someplace like Six Mile on a Saturday at noon either.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
how can they put it against your DMV record, you dont need to have a license to ride a bike, what if you dont have a license and you get stopped? this whole thing reeks of stupidity(too bad theres no way to fix stupid)

olegbabich

When I was young and stupid, I got a speeding ticket in Seattle. Cop pulled me over told me I was doing 55 in 35 (I was flying down one of those hills). Tried to give me a warning, but I insisted on getting a ticket.

I was visiting a friend and was on his road bike. Had that ticket put in a frame and everything. It was a great conversation piece, but I lost it moving to a new house.

Top Bottom