DT350 Hubs Laced to Easton Arc24
Maxxis Aspen Rear (2.25)
Specialized Ground Control Front (2.3)
Enve Carbon RSR Bar
Wolf Tooth Fat Paw Grip
Minimalist DT Swiss Lockout Lever
Whisky Carbon Post
Specialized Phenom Saddle (143)

Really built this up to be an XC race bike, which it was for a year or so before COVID - now I'm doing more marathon distance riding and a little rear suspension helps.

The bike has been well ridden and to be fair, it shows. Most is superficial cable/bag/heel rub and chain slap, but highlighted a spot on the downtube where a too-low water bottle rubbed off some paint as well. Currently Located in Brooklyn, but I ride in North/Central NJ pretty regularly, so happy to meet up. I might even be willing to give it a wash first...

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg
IMG_2762.jpg

Last edited:

bgentry91

Everybody is a critic. You ever try to wash a bike in a Brooklyn apartment?

As I said in the ad, happy to wash it if a potential buyer would like. Maybe it speaks to my motivation to sell - this bike has a special place in my heart.

If you’re snidely trying to say the bike is too expensive, I’m open to offers (if that wasn’t clear).

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I hear where you’re coming from. Grew up in Queens apartment so I know what a pain it is to wash your bike without a hose. Still, if you're serious about selling then I suggest you take the time to wash it.

I say this because I'm currently helping two friends find bikes. Only reason I clicked on this post. I wouldn't bother linking them to your ad because it looks as if you don't take care of your gear. But that's just me....old school.
GLWS

bgentry91

I guess I’m trying to figure out where the motivation for your post is coming from. If you’re not interested in the bike, then move on? I’m aware the bike is unwashed (I even mentioned that in the original post...). Was it just to feel that instant sense of superiority over a random person you don’t know?

Anyways, I think this falls squarely in the camp of “don’t be a jerk.”

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Everybody is a critic. You ever try to wash a bike in a Brooklyn apartment?

As I said in the ad, happy to wash it if a potential buyer would like. Maybe it speaks to my motivation to sell - this bike has a special place in my heart.

If you’re snidely trying to say the bike is too expensive, I’m open to offers (if that wasn’t clear).

I've been watching the used market lately, entry level priced stuff is moving REALLY quickly. If you really want say... $1,500, then I would ask 1600 or 1700 and you'll get a lot more interest. Overpricing the listing and vaguely "accepting offers" is pushing off some of the lower end buyers (say $800-1200) who might stretch for something nicer. Just my .02

scotth

I guess I’m trying to figure out where the motivation for your post is coming from. If you’re not interested in the bike, then move on? I’m aware the bike is unwashed (I even mentioned that in the original post...). Was it just to feel that instant sense of superiority over a random person you don’t know?

Anyways, I think this falls squarely in the camp of “don’t be a jerk.”
Dirty bikes run better, don’t listen to any nonsense.

Top Bottom