Spartacus 2.0

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
We can rebuild him! Since we seem to have lost the original in the woods and our Chapter had the JORBA funds, I'm building a new one. @J-Dro got the plans online from some other mtb group (I can share if anyone wants) and I'm using it more as a guideline than exact instructions.
Supplies cost roughly $140 from Home Depot. Packages arrived kinda beat up and I later discovered I was either short-shipped 2 quick links, or 2 fell out of the small hole in the shipping envelope en-route (Quick chat with HD customer service and we're all good):
20191121_203909.jpg

Inner ring with first radial length complete as my initial "how's this going to go?" Test:
20191121_213759.jpg

Seems like it's gonna work so completed remaining radial lengths the next night:
20191123_204844.jpg

And this is how he sits for now. More to come when I get more time.

Patrick

aka Fidodie
Staff member
Archaeologist is going to find it, and explain how they moved rocks in the early 19th century.....

I can't find the shale bar we left at cush.... @Norm

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
Need more background, what's going on here
If you don't know, now you know, Digga. "Spartacus" is a trailbuilding tool we used a lot at Sourlands. It's basically a net made out of chain with handles. You manhandle and roll a big rock into it, then get multiple people to grab a handle to lift and move the rock to its desired location. Here's the original in action on Chunky Monkey, shortly before he went MIA:
IMG_20170826_184800.jpg

qclabrat

If you don't know, now you know, Digga. "Spartacus" is a trailbuilding tool we used a lot at Sourlands. It's basically a net made out of chain with handles. You manhandle and roll a big rock into it, then get multiple people to grab a handle to lift and move the rock to its desired location. Here's the original in action on Chunky Monkey, shortly before he went MIA:
View attachment 111744
You mean all the features aren't ala mother nature? My grade 2 strain is throbbing at the moment