South Hill Road - can I get to the pipeline from there?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
so as i was doing some poking around the interwebs i have found that there was some open space purchased in the sourlands just off of south hill road.

outta curiousity - has anyone ever been down south hill road, and if so, do you know if i can get to the pipeline from south hill road? i know i can from north hill road, but that's not exactly where i may be this fine pre-rain evening. i also noes i can get to it from lindbergh if i cut up some random person's driveway, but i wood like to avoid that.

anybody in the area know what/where i'm talking about?

J-Dro

Didn't there used to be some sign at the end of South Hill Rd that said something to the effect of "If you're close enough to read this sign, you're in range of my gun"? It's been a while since I was down there so maybe things have changed.

Looking at Google Earth, there isn't an obvious connection to the pipeline from South Hill, but I haven't poked around looking for a trail. Let us know what you find.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Didn't there used to be some sign at the end of South Hill Rd that said something to the effect of "If you're close enough to read this sign, you're in range of my gun"? It's been a while since I was down there so maybe things have changed.

Looking at Google Earth, there isn't an obvious connection to the pipeline from South Hill, but I haven't poked around looking for a trail. Let us know what you find.

will do. and i'll keep that sign in mind.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Well I found you can't get from Long Hill to Lindy right now because everything is so overgrown. Unless there is a trail I couldn't see, the pipeline is just a wall of weeds about chest high.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions