sourlands

cbiker

Didn't go figured all the rocks would be damp and slippery. But was up there a few days ago and the trails are in great shape with the exception of the never drying damp spot up top and near the stream.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I went there yesterday for my first ride of the season and my first at Sourlands. The place is brutal tech. I wish i went the clockwise direction, which i should have known if i paid attention to the elevation on the map.

The big loop is one of the most technical i've seen in NJ. There are parts that remind of Blue Mountain, and the easiest stuff reminded me of the most technical parts of Chimney Rock. I had to do a lot of walking on my way up, but it was exciting to see some terrain that i could advance to some day.

Definitely a good place to learn technical terrain, i won't be seen there without leg and arm protection.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i go there alot and i've never done it clockwise. i always figured i'd just push the bike up for like 15 min and go downhill the rest of the way instead of the other way around. i'll try it clockwise next time tho.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
As i was leaving i was thinking that had i went clockwise, when i got to the really techy downhill to the parking lot, i may be worn out. And for that section i would want to be sharp.

cbiker

Clockwise is definitely the easier way to go the more you ride there and figure out the lines the easier it gets but it never gets too easy allways interesting.

J-Dro

Going clockwise gives you a chance to warm up a bit and get all those bridges & boardwalks out of the way. No doubt in my mind that it flows better that way. If you go clockwise, you will have to do very little, if any, hike-a-bike.

Top Bottom