Sourlands Tues. 8/19 @ 6pm

THATmanMANNY

I'm looking to return to Sourlands today @ 6pm and bring redemption.

Anyone want to join?

I'm not looking to hit sections to hike-a-bike (unless if YOU can really get through those sections and marvel me) but just to keep climbing and coming back down and doing that a few times.

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

DITTO

main entrance on East Mountain Road

If there is another entrance I would be ashamed to be a Hillsborough native...

THATmanMANNY

Okay I am ashamed. haha

I think I've biked all the way up there a couple years ago and my friend and I took the road back flying down Zion. CRAZY STUFF. The dirt coming off our tire were like bullets to my face.

J-Dro

Yes, small lot off Rileyville Road. I havent ridden here in a few years.

Technically they are not the same park. Hunterdon county owns the part on Rileyville Road and Somerset county owns the park on East Mountain Road. AFAIK the trails don't connect.

Are acronyms allowed in here anymore?

THATmanMANNY

Fun & challenging & injury-free ride yesterday with webbegong and warcricket. Warcricket rode some serious ish. I will attempt next time since I know where they come up now. And FYI, I rode most things I walked last time and I hope it only gets better. It is nice to feed off other riders and get that motivation. But it started to get fustrating again up in Boulderama land.

Mtbjeff: I think you need to come out and show me/us more spots in those mountains. I always hear stuff about the backside and stuff....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are acronyms allowed in here anymore?

Yes, but the GP called and said you used an abbreviation. An acronym is when you make a word out of it, like laser or radar. This distinction is not universally agreed upon however. Still, dictionary.com is good enough for me to break out the GP hat.

Mtbjeff: I think you need to come out and show me/us more spots in those mountains. I always hear stuff about the backside and stuff....

OK TERRIFIC! None of that around here, then. Run along, I think they have a place for this at the Rutgers Eco Preserve, thank you very much.

J-Dro

Perhaps you are referring to the trail that goes through the fence by post #8, runs along Roaring Brook and loops back into the park by post #6? That trail is on 3M property but Somerset county has an agreement to use it, and even blazed it last year, but its not shown on the trail map. There is also a branch of that trail that goes up to Roaring Rocks and then dead ends.

Another trail that many people skip is the one that runs between Post #7 and #9. Going uphill its a moderate middle ring climb, but going down its a fast flowy trail without many rocks that snakes back and forth up across the fall line; not a straight line like it appears on the map. Good place to let 'er rip.

I

Top Bottom