Sourlands Trail Work Session Wed 6/19 6pm-Rescheduled Sat 6/22 9am

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
nice!

the dirt is a very interesting consistency there - it does seem like it would harden when dried...
will try to keep it rolling.

do we have a couple of those jorba signs to put up while we are working - not that anyone goes by in the rain.....
I still need to get those signs from someone on the board. Believe it or not there were a couple cars besides ours in the parking lot.

jklett

I owe you at least some clipping, I went out to my truck yesterday and it opened up on me so I went back inside. I'll get out and do something within the next few days.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
I owe you at least some clipping, I went out to my truck yesterday and it opened up on me so I went back inside. I'll get out and do something within the next few days.
Well here's you opportunity: Rangers rescheduled for this Saturday 6/22 9am!

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Bump for tomorrow's rescheduled TM. Gonna put the finishing touches on this lower section with the extra manpower so we can go back to working on more "fun" projects at next TM (7/14)

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
I had to cut out a little early but good turnout despite the short notice. Thanks to all who came out. I think that section will be much better now. The lighting sucked for photos but
Gully before:
20190622_092152.jpg

Gully after:
20190622_102747.jpg

Water channel closeup:
20190622_103012.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Nice job moving rocks and dirt today.

many of the water outlets from the trail had been clogged, so rather than running across the trail, the streams were spreading out.
we cleared channels at 4 of the crossings, and tried to give the water somewhere to go. We'll see how it works out after a few days
of drying.

Filled in some holes, armored some of the areas (well, more of a rock path)
Cleared back more of the rose whips, removed a log that significantly improved the line approaching the end of the trail.

If anyone is looking to do some trimming, hit marker 4 and head north - there are more rocks and roots to deal with, but the
trail is closing in, so good first step.

Had Evan out there rep'n NICA! He'll be at LM tomorrow. GL!

Straight line across through the gully provides better set-up. Small launching point from the roots now available.

IMG_3675.JPG

Also saw this chupacabra print.

IMG_3677.JPG

rick81721

Lothar
Nice job moving rocks and dirt today.

many of the water outlets from the trail had been clogged, so rather than running across the trail, the streams were spreading out.
we cleared channels at 4 of the crossings, and tried to give the water somewhere to go. We'll see how it works out after a few days
of drying.

Filled in some holes, armored some of the areas (well, more of a rock path)
Cleared back more of the rose whips, removed a log that significantly improved the line approaching the end of the trail.

If anyone is looking to do some trimming, hit marker 4 and head north - there are more rocks and roots to deal with, but the
trail is closing in, so good first step.

Had Evan out there rep'n NICA! He'll be at LM tomorrow. GL!

Straight line across through the gully provides better set-up. Small launching point from the roots now available.

View attachment 97988

Also saw this chupacabra print.

View attachment 97987

That's been a bad spot for awhile - even hikers made a go-around

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions