Sourlands Trail Work Session Sunday 7/14 10am

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Our 3rd trail day for 2019 will be a rare SUNDAY session at a later than usual start time, Sun 7/14 10am. Meet at the East Mountain Road lot. BYO work gloves, water and bug spray. Tools will be provided. Lucky volunteers get another short hike this time. We will be working on the lower trails, finishing up our work between Marker 12 and the Pipeline, then moving past the Pipeline to address more wet spots and some shortcuts. Let me know if you can make it.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/667679143709490/

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Anyone else thinking about the weekend already? Holiday weekend hangover bump.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Didn't get much accomplished today with a small group, excessive heat and a hedge-trimmer-meets-finger mishap with Ranger Evan (i'll follow up and see if he's ok). Steve and i added some drainage to 1 spot past the pipeline (between marker 11 and 10) and closed off an annoying hiker shortcut that we've closed off multiple times over the years. Ranger Evan and Chris were trimming back the main Boulderama trailhead until the ambulance needed to be called. No photos of anything because my hands were too wet to operate my phone, but i did get this important task done on my quick pre-TM ride:
cm.jpg

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
damn.

you know if the shortcut makes sense........

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Didn't get much from the Ranger Manager other than the injured Ranger is "doing alright". Be careful out there with power tools, folks!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Talked to Ranger Dave today. Ranger Evan was back at work the next day.
There was a broken bone and some stitches. full recovery expected.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions