Sourlands Trail Work Session Sat 9/15 9am

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Since tomorrow is September already:
Somerset County has the next trail day scheduled for Saturday 9/15. Meet at the East Mountain Road lot at 9am. BYO work gloves, water and bug spray and be prepared to hike (or ride) up to the work site. Tools will be provided. Work site TBD - open to suggestions from trail users. Both me and Ranger Dave can't make this one but there will be a different Ranger leading the group.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Just talked with Ranger Jodie who will be leading the effort this Saturday. Per @rick81721 's suggestions, the work will be trimming back overgrowth. A good day to bring out the Junior Trailbuilders since no rocks are being moved and 1 worksite is very low on the hill. Heavy rain will cancel - if I get a call from them i'll post up here.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Please check with R. Jodie if a battery powered hedge trimmer is ok....ty.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Please check with R. Jodie if a battery powered hedge trimmer is ok....ty.
Called and the Ranger Supervisor was going to check on the official BYO tool policy and get back to me. Worst case, just bring it and ask Jodie if it's ok - then leave it in the car if it's a no. Also, they said they will call me late Fri afternoon with the weather go/no-go decision and then i will post here.

Patrick

Staff member
Thank you Ranger Jodie for leading the small, yet motivated team of Mike and me up the pipeline to clear the crossings for the old trail (ridge), and the two crossings of maple flats. we also walked the ridge trail to the point that it turns downhill, and gets more rocky - gave it a nice close shave! should help avoid some of the OTB pedal grabbers.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Thank you Ranger Jodie for leading the small, yet motivated team of Mike and me up the pipeline to clear the crossings for the old trail (ridge), and the two crossings of maple flats. we also walked the ridge trail to the point that it turns downhill, and gets more rocky - gave it a nice close shave! should help avoid some of the OTB pedal grabbers.

Wow, just you and Mike, huh? No hikers or boyscouts? Thanks for getting out there guys! Ensures Somerset County knows which user group has the real trail stewards.

Patrick

Staff member
Wow, just you and Mike, huh? No hikers or boyscouts? Thanks for getting out there guys! Ensures Somerset County knows which user group has the real trail stewards.

The good news is that a couple people stopped while hiking to ask if volunteering days were posted. Ranger J gave them the info.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions