Sourlands Trail Maintenance - Sat 3/30

J-Dro

Hey gang, we are kicking off the 2013 trail maintenance schedule on Sat 3/30 at 9am. The plan is to work on the spot where the red trail crosses the gas pipeline (The 3-Amigos/Montazuma's junction). We've got some crushed quarry stone lined up to raise the tread where the trail crosses the muddy gas line easement. No digging this time, just transporting & spreading the stone.

If you can make it, meet up in the East Mountain Road lot at 9am.
Thanks. :)

Hmmm i'm a "maybe" for this. I like that this is finally coming to fruition after being talked about for a long time!

can't make it this time. i'll be with my kids rubbing elbows with Elmo at Sesame Street Live.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm heading down to VA on Friday ... Good luck on it. Any idea on upcoming TMs after this one, Jeff? If I know ahead a time I can try to adjust the schedule to make it.

I should be able to make it. That pipeline crossing definitely needs some attention, it’s taken some stick recently with wet ground & heavy traffic.

Can't make this one. Out of town. Catch you next time

I will try to make it, get out of work at 8 am, as long as I can hold my eyes open I'll be there

A few pics from today's session. Even Jdog came out today to see what working with rocks is all about. ;) Also, thanks to Steve, Mike, Rich and our hiker friends Frank & Sharon.

IMG_20130330_111451_zps345aea80.jpg

IMG_20130330_111341_zps78ebde80.jpg

IMG_20130330_111326_zpse47e9369.jpg

Looks good guys! Sorry I couldn't make it. How were the trails? Still muddy?

looking forward to getting up there - thanks everyone!
catch you all next time.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions