Sourlands Trail Maintenance Day Sat 3/21 @ 9am

J-Dro

The plan is to start the year with construction of a new trail linking Roaring Rocks to the gas pipeline. The new trail will open up some prime terrain and will incorporate plenty of natural rock features along the way.

New trail construction is one of the most rewarding ways to spend a day in the woods, so mark your calendars and help out if you can.

When the day gets closer and I know the trail conditions, I'll see if there is any interest in a pre or post ride.

AnneT

I'm penciled in! The Sourlands are nearby but I've never ridden there. How is it for a strong beginner?

Last edited:

J-Dro

I'm penciled in! The Sourlands are nearby but I've never ridden there. How is it for a strong beginner?

Have you taken a hike there? If so you know there is no shortage of rocks and boulders. It's one of the more challenging places to ride in the area but don't let that discourage you. The most important thing you can bring as a beginner is a positive attitude. Hope you can make it.

kush

On my calendar. My people will be in touch with your people to work out the details.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey it's also an MTBNJ raffle-eligible event. I mean, assuming Jeff wants it to be.

J-Dro

Cool. Be sure to post what we should bring - mattock, shovel, pick, chainsaw...

Tom P.

We will have enough tools to go around between JORBA & Somerset County. Only county personnel are allowed to operate the power equipment due to insurance reasons, but they will have a chainsaw available.

You should bring a pair of work gloves and probably bring a bike since it may be easier to ride to the work site. We will have some bagels and energy food to get everyone properly fueled up before the work begins.

J-Dro

bumpity bump. This is next Saturday folks.

I did a walkthrough with the Somerset County Rangers today, so the route is all flagged out and ready to go.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions