Sourlands Trail Maintenance Day Sat 3/21 @ 9am

J-Dro

Awesome stuff everyone! Great way to start off the season.

Jeff, were you just riding along:rolleyes: when that bar broke? I hope it was just the bar.

Absolutely, just riding along through Boulderama when it spontaneously snapped. :p The rider was unharmed, fortunately.

Thanks for posting the pics Norm. I had my camera with me but no time to take any pics because you guys kept us moving at the front of the line.
icon14.gif

warcricket

Like a Jerk
wow, i suck at guesstimating numbers. i thought there was like 30 ppl in the lot! anyway, fun ride, lots of stuff got brokenerized.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for posting the pics Norm. I had my camera with me but no time to take any pics because you guys kept us moving at the front of the line.
icon14.gif

Yeah, I remembered to take a lot of pics today. But I missed taking much of anything on the trail we made :)

Jeff talks about the Circle of Death!

3374003950_621dd77b4f.jpg

wow, i suck at guesstimating numbers. i thought there was like 30 ppl in the lot! anyway, fun ride, lots of stuff got brokenerized.

Broken bar for Jeff, flats for Adam and I. Still rolling here after that happy climb to start the ride:

3373189015_d71e0a91b6.jpg

Great day, indeed. Huge thanks to all who came out to help create this awesome trail. Kudos to you, Jeff!!!! Thanks, Kirt!

I can't wait to ride it tomorrow.

Peace,
BB

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Really great to see so many people out to help us build this new trail. Thanks. I think it going to rock. Hoping to get out there tomorrow to check it out. I'm really tired now. So much so I don't even feel like drinking beers. :mad:

Shameless plug: TM at CR next Sunday. While we're not building a new trail we may be doing a small re-route or 2.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
good to ride with a bunch of the people on here...sorry I couldnt stay for the tm, next time. Where exactly was the trail you guys worked on today?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
The new trail =
south-park-kick-ass-2-3700244.jpg

Too bad I couldn't stay to ride it afterward :mad:

I will be back soon!

Nice to meet a few more mtbnj'ers...

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Where exactly was the trail you guys worked on today?

It was so far from the parking lot that I'm not even sure it's at SL.:D 1 end is right at Roaring Rocks & the other end is about a 100 yards or so after the 3rd gate up the pipe line.

Last edited:

J-Dro

good to ride with a bunch of the people on here...sorry I couldnt stay for the tm, next time. Where exactly was the trail you guys worked on today?

I put together a quickie, unofficial map. This is not from GPS, so the routes are approximate.

SLmap.jpg

The blue trail has been there for years, but never shown on the map. It's the trail that splits where that huge rock cairn is. One branch goes down to Roaring Rocks, and the branch on the right brings you to post #6 by the fence opening.

The trail shown in green is the one that we built last November.

The red trail is what we worked on today.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Wish I could have been out there with you guys, but with my current cold and work... didn't work out.

Hey Jeff - how did those Redlines workout?! :p

brybry57

First Ride on the completed "red" trail ! Jeff whats the name gonna be its your masterpiece now you got to name it

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Again, very cool stuff. I look forward to riding it.

And mad props to brybry57, who has really mad bike skills.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I put together a quickie, unofficial map. This is not from GPS, so the routes are approximate.

SLmap.jpg

The blue trail has been there for years, but never shown on the map. It's the trail that splits where that huge rock cairn is. One branch goes down to Roaring Rocks, and the branch on the right brings you to post #6 by the fence opening.

The trail shown in green is the one that we built last November.

The red trail is what we worked on today.

Now we need to connect the RED trail from where we started to point #4 on the map:getsome:
With these many volunteers it should be only another day of work :p

J-Dro

First Ride on the completed "red" trail ! Jeff whats the name gonna be its your masterpiece now you got to name it

From this point on, the new trail shall be named '3 Amigos'. Why? Because myself, Montclairebobbyb, and the imfamous Phil Mehl spent countless hours scoping out the terrain in search of fun lines that also flow nicely. Phil wasn't able to make it to yesterday's event because he had to drive with his son to college in Colorado. But Phil is truly the unsung hero of the day with all the behind the scenes work that he did.

Now we need to connect the RED trail from where we started to point #4 on the map:getsome:
With these many volunteers it should be only another day of work :p

Well, we have to work with the county on any additional plans, but it would be great to work the new trail into a bigger loop. The county is very cautious about opening new terrain, since there are other problem areas in the park that need some attention too. We'll see.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions