Sourlands Trail Maintenance Day Sat 3/21 @ 9am

qsilvr99

+1

I might be a little sluggish due to both being 'a little lazy' over winter as well as not getting much sleep tonight.

I follow the second mouse theory, me and the birds don't get a long very well.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess you are not planning to ride with Manny? :confused:

I'm thinking about getting there at 6:50 and just taking off with stb.

You know all too well about the "arrival creep". By 7:30 we'll still be standing around.

brybry57

can't wait for this ride I live right down the road and its pretty dry now there are no puddles on the roads or anything so the mountain will be fine..... unless you don't want your pink tutu's getting wet ! see you there at 7 !

woody

This sounds like a good idea and I'm sure we can work something out. AFAIK, there will only be 1 pickup truck from the county, and it will probably be filled with tools and passengers. In the past, they have allowed another vehicle to follow the county truck up the pipeline, so if you are willing to drive your truck and carry everyone's gear, I'll work with the Rangers to make it happen. It will be a good excuse to take that truck off-road. :p

That would be great. This way we can load our stuff into Woody's truck then just ride until we need to meet at the start area at whatever time. Jeff, you and Woody could peel off at 8:30 or so and go back to the lot and we could meet you there?

I'm thinking about getting there at 6:50 and just taking off with stb.
You know all too well about the "arrival creep". By 7:30 we'll still be standing around.

Woohoo! I get to go 4-wheeling in Forbidden Territory! :getsome: Will it actually require 4WD, or is it basically just a dirt road?

I also plan to roll (on 2 wheels) by 7:00. If you want to put your work gear in my truck, its the silver Toyota 4Runner. I'll leave the back window open so that anybody who shows up after 7:00 can add their stuff. (I'm going to assume that nobody will steal a pile of grubby jeans & boots from the back of my truck...thieves are too lazy to be awake that early on a Saturday morning.)

See y'all Bright & Early!

VanDbtRiver

Woohoo! I get to go 4-wheeling in Forbidden Territory! :getsome: Will it actually require 4WD, or is it basically just a dirt road?

I also plan to roll (on 2 wheels) by 7:00. If you want to put your work gear in my truck, its the silver Toyota 4Runner. I'll leave the back window open so that anybody who shows up after 7:00 can add their stuff. (I'm going to assume that nobody will steal a pile of grubby jeans & boots from the back of my truck...thieves are too lazy to be awake that early on a Saturday morning.)

See y'all Bright & Early!

great, now that f-runner won't pass inspection. lol

ellbiddy

What a bust on my end, I skimped out on the preride because riding to the asian sensation's in the cold on my full squish would have sucked, I headed out on the road bike at 8:15 ish and at 8:30 got a call that my car was ready, so I hauled home to go pick it up. Now I've got 1 car, 0 TM hours for the day, and like 25 minutes of riding and I'm out $250 bucks. :(

Maybe I'll hit up the road bike later today, what bike did you bring manny? I hope the one you intended, if so, I'm sure lots of people got a chuckle.

Edit: Apparently they used the wrong paint on my car anyway, so now it's gone again till monday....what a friggen headache :(

Last edited:

sixseven

That was fun. Nice meeting everyone, trail looks rockin! I had to split and couldn't stay for the after work ride but will be back soon.
That place is a frickin rock farm.
Good times.

THATmanMANNY

Jeff, Kirt, Bob, others organizing: Thanks for putting it all together and getting a successful TM session in . The new stuff is gonna be rad.

...Maybe I'll hit up the road bike later today, what bike did you bring manny? I hope the one you intended, if so, I'm sure lots of people got a chuckle...

You avoided my calls cause you were prob too embarrassed you did not come :rofl: Nah. I wanted to but thankfully I didn't cause we did fair amt of pedaling and TM.... unlike some ppl :rolleyes:

Last edited:

J-Dro

A big THANK YOU to everyone who came out today. We had 25 volunteers and everyone worked their butts off. We finished the entire trail, much to the amazement of the Park staff. The pre-ride was a blast too, well except that I cracked my carbon bar.

From mtbNJ, we had:

Montclairebobbyb
Kirt
Norm
MikeG
El zoller
brybry57
thatmanManny
woody
AnneT
vandbtriver
sixseven
one piece crank
tri.bassett

Also, warcricket & stb222 came out for the pre-ride but had to split after.

The mtbNJ folks are officially registered to win fabulous prizes in the raffle later this year.

I can't thank you all enough.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What an awesome day. We must have collectively put in over 100 hours today, no? At least 15 of us stayed to the end for a full 5 hour day.

Here is the 41 picture slideshow, including being cold in the morning, the climb as the sun rose, some rock riding, a broken handle bar and blown out tire, some pre-TM mulling about, and some TM action. The last picture may or may not have anything to do with the day, you decide:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59697758@N00/sets/72157615639471635/show/

Thanks for putting this together Jeff. Hard to believe we managed to finish the trail today. Good times.

3373188261_0b7b2425cc.jpg

3374003526_4c6afdd87f.jpg

VanDbtRiver

what a day... had to take a nap after that one. I didnt get into an ounce of trouble when i got home either;) Great to hang out and get some work done with a some good folks. great pre-ride as well. Thanks 2 Jeff, Jorba, and Somerset Parks for making this happen!

Frank

Sasquatch
Awesome stuff everyone! Great way to start off the season.

Jeff, were you just riding along:rolleyes: when that bar broke? I hope it was just the bar.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions