Sourlands TM Day Sat 5/9

J-Dro

Yes, I know what your thinking. Didn't they just have a TM day last weekend? Well, after this we are going to be taking a break from TM for a few months, so this is your last chance for a while to show the Sourlands Preserve some love. We are meeting in the parking lot on East Mountain Road at 9am. Please bring work gloves & water. Your bike would be handy as well to transport you to the work site. We're planning to re-route a section of trail that stays muddy all the time near the 3M quarry property.

I'll try to arrange either a pre or post ride if there is interest.

THATmanMANNY

reporting for duty

That is exactly what I was thinking. How did you know? :hmmm:
The new ride is still a boulderama virgin. Let us TM & RIDE!!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I heard a rumor of a TM the day before this past week's TM, where there were apparently rangers and hikers there closing a trail.

Can you shed any light on this?

X

xcrunner1991

Sweet. I always plan on showing up to a TM and end up bailing. I think that I'm actually going to be able to make it to this one.

J-Dro

bumpit.gif
for this Saturday.

We may need snorkels if this weather keeps up.

sixseven

Just having some coffee and thinking about moving big rocks...I put a call in to some of my people at the weather making factory and they are going to hook us up with some nice weather for this TM.

J-Dro

Just having some coffee and thinking about moving big rocks...I put a call in to some of my people at the weather making factory and they are going to hook us up with some nice weather for this TM.

I hope you won't be too disappointed Matt, but I don't think we'll be doing much rock moving this time. ;) Maybe a few, but the primary plan is a short re-route of a section of trail to higher ground.

The weather is iffy for Saturday, so I'll post here if the TM is canceled due to rain.

THATmanMANNY

bump for jeff to report

I made a last minute decision to attend and didn't know where they were working. Took me an hour+ to find them :mad: after a few wrong guesses.

J-Dro

Thanks for the nudge Manny, I've been crazy busy the past few days.

We worked on a re-route of a few hundred feet of trail just past the chain link fence. All the recent rains were a blessing since they basically showed us where water would collect. We found a path that followed the higher ground and rock armored a small section where the trail crossed a small water run-off. You can find this new section just past the fence near post #6.

A big Thanks goes out to the team on Saturday: Montclairebobbyb, Matt (sixseven), Manny, and our hiker friends Frank, Ken and Sandy.

And once again, a shout out to Efingers Sporting Goods for supplying the volunteers with drinks, energy food and schwag.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions