Sourlands - New Trail build Pt 3 Sat 11/5

J-Dro

POST HAS BEEN UPDATED FOR NEW DATE & TIME.

We are going to continue the new singletrack build this Saturday 11/5. The terrain is some of the best in the park, and will be a nice addition to to the existing trail network.

Meet up at the East Mountain Road lot at 9am. Tools will be provided, just bring work gloves. Plan to hike or bike to the work site off the red trail (3 Amigos). I'm aiming to get the whole trail completed by end of the year, so any and all help is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
We are going to continue the new singletrack build this Saturday 10/22. The terrain is some of the best in the park, and will be a nice addition to to the existing trail network.

Meet up at the East Mountain Road lot at 9am. Tools will be provided, just bring work gloves. Plan to hike or bike to the work site off the red trail (3 Amigos). I'm aiming to get the whole trail completed by end of the year, so any and all help is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Jeff still on if it's raining? I'll be there if on

J-Dro

I'll post up here tomorrow morning after I check the radar. If it's just light rain, we'll probably go ahead with it.

J-Dro

Sorry kids, but it looks like a steady rain well into the afternoon today. I'm going to postpone this and reschedule.

J-Dro

I updated the thread for a new date and time. New date is Sat 11/5 at 9am. The weather is looking good for Saturday so I'm hoping to knock out a good chunk of new singletrack. Come join the fun!

blackburn1973

Well, I'm now confirmed in. See you all there Saturday. Jeff, we starting at the same place we did last go around? Hoping to get a quick ride in before so will meet you up there.

J-Dro

Well, I'm now confirmed in. See you all there Saturday. Jeff, we starting at the same place we did last go around? Hoping to get a quick ride in before so will meet you up there.

Bob, glad you can make it. It's probably best to meet where 3-Amigos crosses the pipeline, since we will need some help carrying tools to the work site. The plan is to drive the gator up the pipeline and stop there. There has been a change with the SCP Rangers so I'm dealing with some new folks and doubt we will be able to get closer to the work site.

S

stephen

So disheartened to here there was a change with the SCP Rangers. Is everything okay with Chris? Mike is back in the UK selling a car and Chi and I are on the fence.

J-Dro

So disheartened to here there was a change with the SCP Rangers. Is everything okay with Chris? Mike is back in the UK selling a car and Chi and I are on the fence.

Ranger Chris took a new job. The county is fully on board with this project though so were planning to carry on and hope for the best. Hope you guys can make it.

rick81721

Lothar
Ranger Chris took a new job. The county is fully on board with this project though so were planning to carry on and hope for the best. Hope you guys can make it.

Jeff nice progress on the new trail. I followed it as far as you guys went then hike-a-biked the markers to the other side of the new trail. That last section is gonna be a bear to finish!

J-Dro

Jeff nice progress on the new trail. I followed it as far as you guys went then hike-a-biked the markers to the other side of the new trail. That last section is gonna be a bear to finish!

I'm glad to hear that the leaves didn't bury our work already!
Yeah we made some good progress on Saturday reaching up to those big rock formations. The last section of trail missing in the middle is going to need some strategic armoring. I'll need the A-Crew for that one. :)

rick81721

Lothar
I'm glad to hear that the leaves didn't bury our work already!
Yeah we made some good progress on Saturday reaching up to those big rock formations. The last section of trail missing in the middle is going to need some strategic armoring. I'll need the A-Crew for that one. :)

Your new work was great. The first part of the trail we built, though, on the other end, is buried in leaves. Without the flags I'd had no idea where it was

blackburn1973

Your new work was great. The first part of the trail we built, though, on the other end, is buried in leaves. Without the flags I'd had no idea where it was

Yeah, upper part of the trail was pretty buried, huh? It's going to flow nicely I think once finished. Jeff's right, though. That last section's going to be a bear to finish up. Lotta' rock.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions